D&D General D&D Podcasts that are edited like a story instead of a game?

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I'm looking for a D&D podcast recommendation. Do you know of any D&D podcasts that...
  • Are podcasts, not just YouTube videos
  • Are edited more like a story than a game (it should sound more like a radio drama than folks hanging out)
  • Cuts out rules discussion, folks adding up numbers, etc. That's the part of D&D podcasts I tend to really not enjoy.
  • Optional: are not too long, maybe less than an hour each episode?
Thanks for any recommendations!

Oh, I put this in D&D General, but really they don't have to be D&D Games.

JarooAshstaff

Explorer
I wish that existed for Critical Role, but I think it would just be too much work, for anyone that is not making much money on their podcasts.

One thing I was delighted to find, semi-related, was dramatized story versions of Warlock of Firetop mountain and several of the other FF books

IvyDragons

Explorer
Insulting other members
I'm looking for a D&D podcast recommendation. Do you know of any D&D podcasts that...
  • Are podcasts, not just YouTube videos
  • Are edited more like a story than a game (it should sound more like a radio drama than folks hanging out)
  • Cuts out rules discussion, folks adding up numbers, etc. That's the part of D&D podcasts I tend to really not enjoy.
  • Optional: are not too long, maybe less than an hour each episode?
Thanks for any recommendations!

Oh, I put this in D&D General, but really they don't have to be D&D Games.
You sound like a bit of a drama queen :rolleyes:

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
My group is doing a podcast play-through of Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus that sounds like what you're looking for. Everyone on it is a professional actor, the show is edited to eliminate exactly the stuff you're objecting to, it's generally serious in tone and story-driven, and there are sound effects, music, and ambient sound added in post-production like a radio play. Each episode is about an hour long; we're 33 episodes in now and still going.

It's called PodCast Party: Descent into Avernus. You can find it on iTunes, Spotify, and the other usual podcast places.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
My group is doing a podcast play-through of Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus that sounds like what you're looking for. Everyone on it is a professional actor, the show is edited to eliminate exactly the stuff you're objecting to, it's generally serious in tone and story-driven, and there are sound effects, music, and ambient sound added in post-production like a radio play. Each episode is about an hour long; we're 33 episodes in now and still going.

It's called PodCast Party: Descent into Avernus. You can find it on iTunes, Spotify, and the other usual podcast places.
Nice, I'll check it out!

Remove ads