D&D (2024) D&D Preview at Garycon

Stormonu

Legend
Right? That's some groovy art. I'd be more impressed without the floating staff, though
Just a use of mage hand, I suppose. Also note the books flying about the wizard. All-in-all, it strikes me as very Marvel's Storm character.

I've always been partial to this 5E depiction of the wizard:

Untitled.png

Reynard

Legend
I get that the new core books are going to lean toward new players. That's great. Bit will WotC have the courage to produce follow up material to acknowledge people that have been playing for 5 or 15 or 25 years or more?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Some Info from someone attending the panel.

I like the new look for explaining how a class starts.
At least that answers the layout and design question. They’re definitely refreshing the look. I hope they keep the page background solid white this time around. I wonder what the cover and spine will look like. Hope they don’t go with the red and gold we’ve been seeing so much of lately.

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
At least that answers the layout and design question. They’re definitely refreshing the look. I hope they keep the page background solid white this time around. I wonder what the cover and spine will look like. Hope they don’t go with the red and gold we’ve been seeing so much of lately.
For some reason, red seems like a very “D&D” color to me. And with it being the 50th anniversary, gold is a fitting color choice. I wouldn’t mind seeing a cover depicting a fire(breath)fight between a red dragon and a gold dragon.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
If you are an old or established DM, you already own material that goes over stuff you might need for your game.

Yeah, you might need to "adapt" some of it to 5E24 standards, but old and established DMs already know how to do that.

If (general) you don't know how to do that or don't already own material such as that, then the material in the new DMG will serve you.

Last edited:

Remove ads