• Half-Elf

Votes: 48 14.5%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 70 21.2%
  • Halfing

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • Human

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • Where are the Illumians, Maenads, and Shifters?

Votes: 36 10.9%

• Poll closed .

ivocaliban

First Post
Has to be the half-orc. They would eat all the provisions and then go for the rest of the inhabitants. Not to mention they smell vile and would never bathe (because everyone knows that pigs can't swim).

Gez

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
And you fall into the category of reinventing them again.

How so? I looked at what the old PHB said:
  • +2 to Alchemy
  • Three wizard cantrips per day
  • Favored class: illusionist wizard
  • Can speak to animals
And from this naturally comes the picture of a race of wee sages.

Now, I look at the new PHB says:
  • +2 to Alchemy
  • Three spell-like abilities per day
  • Favored class: bard (as in, bardic knowledge)
  • Can speak to animals
And from this naturally comes the same picture of a race of wee sages.

If that is reinvention, then every DM worth his salt do it anyway, for every races, including humans.

MonsterMash

First Post
Gez said:
Me, I like gnomes. They're the yodas of my setting. Physically weak, but mentally strong, wise and skilled in magic. And while they can behave in a silly fashion, it's an act to hide the true extent of their power and wisdom from strangers. (Again, see Yoda when Luke first meet him. Really a silly little creature.)

I like gnomes too and had a lot of fun back in 1e with a gnome illusionist, one of the things I dislike with 3.5 is the favoured class bard for gnomes, it seems more like a case of 'we don't have a race with bard as favoured class so lets link it to gnomes'.

Razz0putin

Explorer
MonsterMash said:
I like gnomes too and had a lot of fun back in 1e with a gnome illusionist, one of the things I dislike with 3.5 is the favoured class bard for gnomes, it seems more like a case of 'we don't have a race with bard as favoured class so lets link it to gnomes'.

The only thing worse was what they had before where well every race has a certain class they're good at except for gnomes they only get a part of a class. that just sucked

Remove ads