• Half-Elf

Votes: 48 14.5%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 70 21.2%
  • Halfing

Votes: 33 10.0%
  • Human

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • Where are the Illumians, Maenads, and Shifters?

Votes: 36 10.9%

• Poll closed .

Mokona

First Post
D&D Gnomes don't draw on anything mainstream in fantasy. They're like short dwarves or lawn decorations.

And why play a half-orc/half-elf when you can play the real thing. Races of Eberron even gave us "snow" goggles for Orcs.

Ferret

Explorer
I voted elf. They are ar to sterotyped. I like the rest, but they (elves) are the only race apart from Humans, and they have been far too similiar.

Why must gnomes go? Why!

maggot

First Post
Goodbye Gnome. I've never had a PC gnome in my campaign, and so I included a few as NPCs to make it seem like there actually were gnomes out there. Then I decided gnomes were a myth, and they were never seen again. The old gnome NPCs were actually tricky halflings or others trying to keep the myth alive.

On the other hand, my players love half-orcs. I have to talk them into not using a half-orc for every fighter-type build. I wonder where all those half-orcs come from. Is there some orc-human bar that is really popular in Greyhawk City?

Seeker95

First Post
Half-elf must go

Half elves combine the worst of both races.

By this I mean half-elves get so little of the benefits of either race that it makes no sense to be one. The only reason I've seen anyone play a half-elf is to be able to say they are an elf and perhaps play that angsty "to elves I'm half-human" woe-is-me role.

Vanuslux

Explorer
Good-bye, Gnome. Nothing personal. It's just no one ever plays you in my campaigns, I've never had any desire to play you, and I've only had one memorable gnome NPC in my 10+ years of DMing. Adios.

Psion

Adventurer
Though I didn't vote for Half-Elves, can I just comment on how dumb giving them a diplomacy bonus is? I don't see them as being inherently "well accepted" among humans or elves, and certainly even if they were, it wouldn't translate to anyone else.

IMC, I change the bonus to disguise and bluff, reflecting the fact that they have to learn to work harder to fit into society.

Remove ads