D&D Rage of Demons - Designers Explain Villains

Rage of Demons, the new D&D storyline, brings a host of iconic villains back to the Forgotten Realms. In this video, Dungeons & Dragons designers explain who the demon lords are and the threat they represent to the Forgotten Realms. "Dare to Descend with a suite of Rage of Demons products, including: Sword Coast Legends, Neverwinter: Underdark, a D&D tabletop roleplaying game adventure, miniatures and accessories."
Rage of Demons, the new D&D storyline, brings a host of iconic villains back to the Forgotten Realms. In this video, Dungeons & Dragons designers explain who the demon lords are and the threat they represent to the Forgotten Realms. "Dare to Descend with a suite of Rage of Demons products, including: Sword Coast Legends, Neverwinter: Underdark, a D&D tabletop roleplaying game adventure, miniatures and accessories."

[video=youtube;nruW1IAUVzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nruW1IAUVzc[/video]

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Great stuff! I swung by a new local gaming store in NW Ga on my way home. Looks great and they had 3 tables of 8 players at last nights Adventurers League.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I like, but I still find it odd referred to such things as demons as 'he'. ;) For more of a removal from humanity, 'it' would be an appropriate pronoun. I guess some clearly take gender appearance, but seriously, what makes Demogorgon 'male'? Jubilex? Just something that crossed my mind, as I have always loved the demons and demon lords of D&D. :)

Iosue

Legend
I like, but I still find it odd referred to such things as demons as 'he'. ;) For more of a removal from humanity, 'it' would be an appropriate pronoun. I guess some clearly take gender appearance, but seriously, what makes Demogorgon 'male'? Jubilex? Just something that crossed my mind, as I have always loved the demons and demon lords of D&D. :)

"I thought Gozer was a man!"
"It's whatever it wants to be."

Weird Dave

Adventurer
Publisher
I think Rage of Demons is the first storyline that really brings all of the D&D "brand" elements together - video games, roleplaying game, fiction, and miniatures. The previous releases didn't have all of these elements tied together, though I'm curious if we're going to see a board game variation for Rage of Demons. I'm very excited. Just got my copy of Salvatore's Archmage yesterday, picking up Out of the Abyss tomorrow, going to snag some Rage of Demons minis next week. Yup. I'm that person.

Green1

First Post
I think Rage of Demons is the first storyline that really brings all of the D&D "brand" elements together - video games, roleplaying game, fiction, and miniatures. The previous releases didn't have all of these elements tied together, though I'm curious if we're going to see a board game variation for Rage of Demons. I'm very excited. Just got my copy of Salvatore's Archmage yesterday, picking up Out of the Abyss tomorrow, going to snag some Rage of Demons minis next week. Yup. I'm that person.

Yes. But, the frugal DM is only going to at most get the book to loot for Demon Lord stats. Because, you never know when you may need to plop a Demogorgon down. I am guessing they are trying to cross over all the fan bases. Lots play video games but don't do pencil and paper (too complicated or the need to have other players), read the novels but don't play the games (want to play Dritzz or Wulfgar, but instead have to play some gimped level 1 with some DM's rules.) or play DnD but not the video games (too linear/ not personalized or in a MMOs case, grindy)

But hey... Even if they go to 6E 5 years from now, those minis can be plopped into any game. I just never tried to collect minis because down that path lies madness. Even the best stocked mancave could never have an infinite amount of minis for every scenario a DM may face in any session. But, I sure know some nerds can die trying....lol!

Wolf118

Explorer
Not that I object to this portrayal - but if Demon Lords are now known for instilling madness - why exactly do we have the Far Realms again?

Well, as they noted, the demons tend to emphasize a particular trait, whether it's rage, self-deception, greed, etc. The Far Realm is pure madness; it doesn't make sense, because it's not from our reality.

Nemio

First Post

One of my players is a fan of Salvatore so will probably also pick that book up.
I'm worried that it might spoil the OotA adventure if I choose to DM it after we've finished the Starter Set.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about this.

MoutonRustique

Explorer
Not that I object to this portrayal - but if Demon Lords are now known for instilling madness - why exactly do we have the Far Realms again?
I guess you could see it like the Demon Lords are kind of Far Realm tainted Archdevils... ?

Sort of like a scale : there's Organized Evil (conquering, domination, etc), there's Bat-Schist Evil (I will destroy it all! And rule over the ashes! Bwhahaha!) and then there's the Just Bat-Schist (I will destroy this lamp! No, you cannot have my cucumber, I need it against the bees! Also, the eucalyptus is blooming guitars again, it's time to go swimming.)

Devil - Demon - Far Realm

Remove ads

Remove ads