D&D Releases by year - complete list (almost)

green slime

First Post
MerricB, What on earth provoked this? Have you completely run out of things to do in the Australian Summer? The lack of water affecting your brain? The sharks eaten all your Nobby's? Run out of 4X?

RFisher

Explorer
MerricB said:
Finished the main list of D&D products. I'm now looking for references to other RPGs. Oh boy.

I'd like to see numbers by year for TSR products in three categories: (A)D&D, other RPGs, & other. It'd be interesting to see TSR's evolution from a game company to a role-playing game company & the balance between D&D v. other RPGs.

Of course, it'd be really interesting if you could somehow normalize those numbers by margin.

Nikosandros said:
That's because you never tried collecting some 2e lines... good for you, it's madness! :p

I bought all 4 Encyclopedia Magicas, the Book of Artifacts (god knows why) as well as some of the Complete Books. The fact that I was in High School/University at the time and had close to no free cash meant that I had to miss out on a lot of books.

Even still, I simply don't remember seeing so many of these products in my FLGS. And they did have a pretty wide range.

Olaf the Stout

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
green slime said:
MerricB, What on earth provoked this? Have you completely run out of things to do in the Australian Summer? The lack of water affecting your brain? The sharks eaten all your Nobby's? Run out of 4X?

I've wanted this list for a while now. Every so often, someone posts about how many products TSR put out, but most of the lists I'd seen (all, actually) sorted them by line, not by year. So, here's the consolidated list. Somewhat.

I left off a few promotional products and other things (like the beachtowel), but I think I should add them in to a really big list.

Cheers!

Remove ads