D&D: What Edition is Next, Really?

MichaelH

First Post
mythusmage said:
So what do you expect in D&D 17e?
Here's a small list of things I expect from the next edition, whatever it is called and whenever it is released (hopefully not for quite some time):

1. A few more core (PHB) races and classes.

2. Skills will be redone. Some skills will be folded into others or into a new skill altogether (like hide and move silently will become "stealth" or some such thing). I also expect the number of skill points for each class to increase, although not too much.

3. There will likely be more feats in the PHB.

4. Combat rules will be tweaked, but not too much. Grappling will likely change the most because it always does.

5. New Polymorph rules.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by diaglo
also bought Dragon Dice.... hundreds and hundreds of them.

Mmmm, Dragon Dice. My friend had a LOT of those. Used to play a lot too. Sometimes I wish I had a bunch, but I figure I wouldn't use them anymore, so I'm kinda glad I never spent any money on them, though I figured my friend spent enough money for the both of us. :)

IIRC, there was a Knights of the Dinner Table strip about a computer thing where BM inputed the data in the VR machine for the characters and the adventure. Each person then put on the helm and actually BECAME their characters. Something like that would be pretty cool. It's like LARPing I suppose [though I've never actually LARPed], but better and in the comfort of your own home with only your friends.

Instead of coming out with a book adventure, they'd put the module onto disc and you can just install it into the VR program.

diaglo

Adventurer
Thanee said:
There was a 2nd printing of 3E as well, and maybe also of earlier editions of AD&D. :p

Bye
Thanee

some of those were counted as different editions by TSR.

2edD&D (Holmes)
3edD&D (Holmes)

but by this thread's numbering they would be 6ed and 7ed.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Bah, too much crap about this edition, that edition. We should use a different word.

Okay, this is what I get when I put edition into the Thesaurus [ http://thesaurus.reference.com/ ].

Not many of these are REALLY fitting though.

copy, impression, imprint, number, printing, program, publication, reissue, release, reprint, reprinting, version, volume

I do however like the idea of 4th Impression. I think if enough of us press hard enough, we might have 4I instead of 4E.

Remove ads