• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D3.5e Ravenloft - When Black Roses Bloom (Recruiting players)

The_Magician

First Post
Dichotomy: Nice character! =) Remember, though, that she is one of the four riders in the introduction of the game, and I need you to tell me how she met them. Don't bother naming them.

Dichotomy

Explorer
I have edited my sheet again. Let me know if there is anything else lacking, or if you would like anything changed.

Oh, and Aeron is a he. You likely were confused because there were many mixed up pronouns ("her" and "she"). That was because when I was first making the character, I had not decided whether Aeron would be a male or female. But, in the end, my vision of Aeron was a guy.

Jarval

Explorer
Quick question: Given the introduction, and its specific four riders, I'm assuming that the Leadership feat and cohorts are a no-no?

Krug

Newshound
My take, Barthabas the Axe.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B]  Barthanbas
[B]Class:[/B] Barbarian 2/Ftr 4
[B]Race:[/B]  Human
[B]Size:[/B]  Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Chaotic Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Pelor

[B]Str:[/B] 16/18 (+4)   [B]Level:[/B] 6        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 (+2)      [B]BAB:[/B] +6/+1      [B]HP:[/B] (2d12+4d10+12+3) = 58
[B]Con:[/B] 14 (+2)      [B]Grapple:[/B] 0      [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 12 (+1)      [B]Speed:[/B] 40'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 12 (+1)      [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] - 
[B]Cha:[/B] 8  (-1)      [B]ACP:[/B] 0          [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]             10    +5    +0     +2   +0     +1   +0    18
[B]Touch:[/B] 12               [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 15

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      7    +2   +1     +10
[B]Ref:[/B]                       1    +2   +1     +3
[B]Will:[/B]                      1    +1   +1     +3
[b]
Armor                    Bonus   Dex    ACP   ASF  Weight    Cost[/b]
Mithral Shirt +1            +5     6      0    10%    10lb   2100gp   

[B]
Weapon                    Attack   Damage     Critical   Range   Weight  Cost[/B]
Greataxe +1               +12/+7   1d12+7S          x3       -    12lbs  2320gp
Flail                     +10/+5   1d8 +5B          x2       -     5lb      8gp      
MW Mighty Comp Longbow +3 + 9/+4   1d8 +3P          x3     110'    3lb    700gp
Arrows (20)                                                        3lb      1gp
Dagger                    +10/+5   1d4 +5P    19-20/x2      10'    1lb      2gp

[B]Languages:[/B] Common

[B]Abilities:[/B] Rage 1/day (+4 STR, +4 STR, +2 Will, -2 AC, 4 rounds), Fast Movement

[B]Feats:[/B] 1st- Power Attack, Human Bonus - Cleave, 3rd - Weapon Focus (Axe), Ftr1 Bonus - Combat Reflexes, Ftr 2 Bonus - 

Weapon Specialization (Axe), 6th - Great Cleave
Ftr 4 Bonus - Toughness

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 4(Human)+20(Barb1)+5(Barb2)+16(Ftr1-4)=45    [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 9 [b]
Skills                      Abil Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Climb                        Str     4   +5          +9
Hide (cc)                    Dex     4   +2          +6
Intimidate                   Cha     4   -1          +3
Jump                         Str     4   +5          +9
Listen                       Wis     5   +1          +6
Move Silently (cc)           Dex     6   +2          +5
Ride                         Dex     4   +2          +6
Spot (cc)                    Wis     2   +1          +3
Survival                     Wis     5   +1          +6
Swim                         Str     4   +5          +9 

[B]
Equipment:                Cost  Weight[/B]
Amulet of Nat Armor +1  2000gp    -lb
Gauntlets of Ogre Power 4000gp    4lb  
Handy Haversack         2000gp    5lb
Cloak of Resistance +1  1000gp    1lb
Exporer's Outfit          10gp    2lb
Flint and Steel            1gp    -lb
Potion Cure Mod Wounds   300gp
Potion Remove Fear (x2)  100gp
Rations (4 days)           2gp    1lb
Rope, Silk                10gp    5lb
Oil, pint (2)              .2gp   1lb
Waterskin                  1gp    4lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 19 lb                [B]Money:[/B] 67gp 8sp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]         26lb   53lb    80lb  116lb   

[B]Age:[/B] 28 years
[B]Height:[/B] 6'2"
[B]Weight:[/B] 250 lbs
[B]Eyes:[/B] Deep Green
[B]Hair:[/B] Bald
[B]Skin:[/B] Black
Appearance
Barthabas is a dark-skinned warrior with a bald head. Scars and wounds cover his body, and he wears the mark of the leopard on his body from his tribe.

Background
Barthabas' tribe roamed the South lands, living amongst the jungle, free spirits and renowned hunters. He loved a young lady from another tribe, running off for secret meetings with her at night and unashamedly declaring his love Amita. However, a band of brigands struck at his tribe, slaying and capturing many of his land. Members of his tribe were slaughtered, unable to stand a chance against the weapons and magics of the brigands. He was bought back to Freeport and sold as a slave to the merchant Gahim. The merchant used him in the violent arena contests, before he was one day freed by a mysterous shadowy creature.

With little knowledge of skills, Barthabas did the best he could. He met a kindly almost-blind washerwoman, and her friendship helped him learnt more of the ways of civilization. His great strength allowed him to become an executioner, during the reign of Lord Impator, a deranged ruler of the Alghani lands, who would have men slain for the slightest of trespasses or not following his ridiculous laws, such as bowing to dogs. Before long Impator was overthrown, with Barthabas aiding (and slicing the Lord's neck personally.) Since then, Barthabas has wandered the lands, beliving that Amita is alive after being captured and sold. It has been five long years since that has happened, but Barthabas will not give up. He knows she is alive, and when he finds her, the both of them will abandon these lands and return to the savannahs of their home, and rebuild their tribes.

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Hiya,

I'm keen, love a bit of Ravenloft. Just wondering if you'd allow a Hadozee from Stormwrack? Just got it and want to try something new. They're ape like with patagial flaps allowing them to glide, otherwise they get a racial bonus to Balance and Climb and don't loose their Dex bonus to AC when climbing - that's it. And instead of being on a horse could he be on a camel? Hadozee have a love of ships (and adventure) and with camels being called the ships of the desert it just seems appropriate ;). He'd fill the Rogue slot.

If the Hadozee doesn't work I'll develop a core race rogue. Either way I think (s)he'll be a bit of a dandy - Scarlet Pumpernickle like (was that the Daffy version?)

Cheers

Daz

P.S. How do you want HPs handled??

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Damn, and I was just about finished her :). No worries, the concept still works with a core race. I'll make some quick changes and post her soon for your perusal. thanks for the quick reply.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads