D&Dg - Mechanics

poilbrun

Explorer
I'll probably rewrite the pantheon of my campaign world during the week to work 100% with D&Dg. As such, I'd like to create a list of the mechanics used to create gods, either clearly written in the book or implied...

So what do we know?
1. Gods are 20HD outsiders to begin with. What does a 20HD outsider look like? Should we look in the MM to know that. If yes, here is the progression for an outsider :
HD : d8
Attack bonus : Total HD (like fighter)
Good ST : all
Skill points : +8 (+ INT)
Feats : +1 per 4 total HD

A 20HD outsider :
HD : 20d8
Attack Bonus : +20
ST : +12/+12/+12
Skill points : 160 (8*20) or 184 (lvl1: 8*4 + 8 for each level thereafter)
Feats : 5 (1 per 4 HD) or 6 (1 at creation as PC + 1 per 4 HD)

2. Except for the three dragon deities (Bahamut, Tiamat and Apep), all gods have between 20 (Hestia, Imhotep, both experts, Dennari, not expert but cleric; 30 Sobek, 35 Hephaestus, 35 Elishar, 35 Toldoth, 38 Gruumsh) and 50 (Zeus, Re-Horakhty) levels in standard classes, with 40 (nearly every other deity, but not Hera who has 49) levels being usual... I'll probably make every deity 40 levels except the heads of pantheons,unless someone else sees another logic behind it...

3. Progression above 20th level are explained in the book, so it's OK.

4. Salient abilities are explained in the book too (linked to DR).

5. Ability scores : don't know if there's a hard rule. I know someone had found a working formula and posted it on the general forums I believe (but I can't seem to find it now), but the formula didn't seem valid for every deity...

That's all I can think of know... Anyone willing to help?

Remove ads