[d20 Apocalypse] After the Blast IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 1, November 4th, 2020, Approx. 6:50 AM (12:50 GMT)

[sblock=OOC]ThWatcher, Janice may be a child, but she is also a hero. So it wouldn't be completely out of character for her to make suggestions, if you have any. She may be remiss to take on a leadership role because of her youth and upbringing, but she is does have good mental scores.[/sblock]
An African American man sporting a highway patrolman's uniform approaches your group with a flash-light as you discuss what to do. He shines the light in your eyes in the ashy morning air, clearly trying to get a good look at all of your faces. On his chest is a name badge next to his officer's badge. The name badge says "Beeman." After he has taken a good look at each of you, he speaks. "My name is Officer Beeman, state trooper. You folks look like you're in a bind. Anything I can do to help?"

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice knows that policemen are basically good guys and even though she has been avoiding them for over a year now, this is not the time to try to run away.

"Maybe, our truck we're using to get away from the bomb is broken again. Do you have a car that works? Or can you help use find parts to fix this one fast? We all need to get out of here fast." Waving to the people with her, "They say this ash is bad and we need to get away from it. So, can you help us?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Well, I have a squad car a ways back, but me and my partner had to lock it up after we ran out of gas. Since then we've been hoofing it to see what we can do to help people out. I've been suggesting people continue to move down south on the highway to Bourbonnais and Kankakee. There's a rumor floating around that they still have electricity and running water. It's about 2 to 3 miles south of here. You might be able to make it on foot in a couple hours.

I've got first aid supplies back in my squad car too, but not much else."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"If you won't be using your car I might have this truck moving with spare parts from your movile, we could give you guys a ride." Interjects the physicist. "Oficial, the downfall will kill everyone in a 50-100 miles radius from the epicenter of the explosion, so we need to get quite far."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"I'd like to help you out. Really, I would. But I doubt you'll find much of use in my squad car for that diesel rig. On top of that, it's in the opposite direction of where you say we should be headed. Mind if I ask what kind of engine troubles you're having? I was a mechanic for these things before I joined the force. I might be able to lend you some aid, my foreign friend."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well, that's not good. Look, the electrical systems are completely shot. The jury rig I performed to jump start the engine the first time will no longer work. We need some spare parts to get the vehicle working." Francisco says, then he gets out of the truck and to the front. "Here, take a look." he says as he shows the insides of the vehicle to the officer.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Yeah, me and my partner had a similar problem. All electrical systems blown. We were on the edge of town when the blast happened. Nearly tipped the squad car over. But all the electronics are busted. The flashlight was shielded somehow, luckily. I think it was the fact that we had it stored in an emergency box. Those things are supposed to be EMP-proof. Funny, I always thought such a thing was a waste of taxpayer money. Anyway, the only electrical stuff we have that's still working is this flashlight, a GPS locator, a satellite phone, and some power tools for changing a tire. GPS locator isn't working though. I guess the towers are out. And we tried using the satellite phone to contact the state capital. All we get is a message saying the number has been disconnected. We decided to conserve the battery just in case and didn't make any other calls.

"Let me take a look at that truck. Yep... Mmm hmm... I see... Yeah your electronics are shot. Nice idea to salvage the cross bars like that though. Looks like the soldered connections you made have melted through. Unless you've got a heckuva lot more solder that won't work twice. We need to see if we can find a dealership or automotive workshop that does imports if we're gonna get this baby working again. Preferably one that hasn't been hit by the EMP. There may be one in Manteno, which is about a quarter mile back. If you want to walk with me we can make a quick trip over there."

Attachments

• 57 and manteno.JPG
    57 and manteno.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 76

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Francisco nods, but there's something amiss for him, as he frowns. "Why you people still use that archaic measure system is something I will always wonder." he shakes his head, and then gets a hand over his face, while looking at the electric jury. "Alright amigo, seems as our best chance. What do you all think about this?" the physicist asks the others on the truck.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"I'll go with you," says Harry. "Not sure much help a grocer will be, but at the very least, I'm another set of hands.

"Sounds good," Kyle says. "I'll stay here with Terrence and watch over Aziz. If you find a medical facility in Manteno, let them know I have a patient in critical condition. I don't think it's safe to move him but if I get some better medical supplies I can stabilize him so he can be moved somewhere better."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry it took me so long to get back. I was very tired after the trip. I'll get another update here very soon with what you find in Manteno. I want to make a quick post to my other games though.[/sblock]

Remove ads