[d20 Apocalypse] After the Blast IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 1, November 4th, 2020, Approx. 5:40 AM (11:40 GMT)

The alien landscape seems to shudder for a moment. You feel a faint rumbling, like tremors along the ground and even in the air itself. No sooner have you gained your bearings than the world seems to shift and distort itself once again. You are all overcome with vertigo once again (save Janice, who seems oddly unaffected by the disorienting effects). The world twists and contorts into a swirling maelstrom of color and bizarre shapes. Then darkness.

You open your eyes and begin to blink. Did you merely doze off for a moment? You quickly come to the realization that you are right back where you started in central Illinois. The dawning sun is not yet visible but you can see hints of its light on the horizon. Still, the sky is overcast, and you now realize that it appears to be snowing.

No, not snow... ash. A very fine layer of ash has coated the truck, the ground, and other camps around you. It is almost imperceptible now, but you can smell it in the air and it makes your breathing just a little hoarse. Whatever just happened to you has now ended.

[sblock=Terrence]You feel a tingling sensation upon your arm. You look with horror to see the ring from the monster still wrapped around your arm as if you had never removed it. Wait. Did you remove it? You certainly remember intending to do so. You had even picked the perfect place to hide it so it would be out of sight. But strangely, you have no recollection of ever actually putting it there. The ring hums ever so faintly for a moment, and then is silent.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Francisco is completly lost with the reality change. He tries to walk to the others to feel he's not alone. "I have had the strangest of dreams." he says, and tells the dream. Just then he notices the ash. "This is bad, this is very bad, we need to hurry up away from here. Come on, let's fix this thing before sunrise."

Knowledge (Physica science) +12 to identify the phenomena of the ash
Repair +16
Craft (mechanical) +12
Craft (electronic) +12

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice Cardinal 3/6

Janice notices the ring on Terrence's arm and she takes a couple of steps back. "You've got to get rid of that thing. It's going to eat us up if you don't."

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Janice notices the ring on Terrence's arm and she takes a couple of steps back. "You've got to get rid of that thing. It's going to eat us up if you don't."

Terrence looks at the ring with shock and awe. "No, oh no no no no...I took this off," Terrence mutters stuttering slightly due to the strangeness of the scenario "Coome on Terrence hold it together, you took this thing off and then you put it in the back of the car and then you walked away from the car... and then this. What the hell is going on here?" Terrence continues as he begins to move his hand towards the ring. He then hears Janice telling him about the ring. "You know what I think you have a point on this one, I am going to throw it out into the wastelands." Terrence says as he grabs the ring and begins to pull it off slowly as if he doesn't know what will happen.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Predictably, the ring will not budge. It almost seems fused to Terrence's arm.

"damn it, Damn it, DAMN IT... the damned thing won't come off of my arm." Terrence says as he attempts to pll it off with no avail. Wade doesn't understand what is going on so he runs back to the car with Janice. "Hey doc, we have a problem. This ring is not gonna be budging anytime soon and I don't think it's because of my arm being stuck and more like it not wanting to come off."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Francisco distracts his attention from the engine, and without word, he reaches out for a strong clipper. "Let's see..." He tries to cut the ring with the tool.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Francisco distracts his attention from the engine, and without word, he reaches out for a strong clipper. "Let's see..." He tries to cut the ring with the tool.

Terrence takes a deep breath as if Francisco is going to take his arm off and stares forward off into the distance. "How's it looking doc, any progress?" Terrence askes as he concentrates on the horizon rather than the pain on his arm.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 1, November 4th, 2020, Approx. 5:45 AM (11:45 GMT)

As Francisco tries to cut off the ring with a pair of diagonal cutting pliers, Terrence lets out a howl in pain. It's like Francisco is trying to cut off a piece of his arm.
[sblock=Game Information]Terrence takes 1 point of damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads