[d20 Apocalypse] After the Blast IC

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Terrence gets out of the car and goes to the back of it and puts it in the trunk under some stuff back there. After he finished he looked annoyingly at the place where it was hidden. "Civillians, they can't seem to deal with nightmares properly. Oh well that is waht you are here for I geuss." Terrence whispers to himself under his breath as he walks along side of the car. "So Doc, I am going to do a quick little bit of scouting around the area, gonna see if there is anything useful around." Terrence pauses and looks over at the people in the car, "Anybody want to come with?"

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice Cardinal 3/6

Janice watches Terrence milling around outside for a while and wonders if she should get out and try to convince him that she is not crazy.

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice Cardinal 3/6

Janice sits there stewing for a little while longer and then decides that she is going to tell him that he better listen to her if he wants to know what is going to happen. After all, it's because of her that there was extra help in the car store to kill the monster. And she even......

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Terrence can see Janice walking over to him and he stops for and waits for her to come to him, he has never had to deal with children before and this is turning out to be a drash course on the matter. "Something wrong, other than what you have already have told me. I'm going to be doing some scouting... looking around the place to see if there is anything important. You should stay with the rest of the group I will come back in a bit, ok." Terrence says unkowingly condescending to her as she walks up towards him.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 1, November 4th, 2020, Approx. 5:35 AM (11:35 GMT)

As Terrence finishes speaking, he suddenly becomes very woozy. His vision blurs and he has a hard time finding balance. Janice notices this and it begins to worry here, especially when Terrence's condition seems to worsen by the moment.

Meanwhile, Francisco is hard at work trying to see if he can figure out what made the engine up and stop. It seems to be some kind of electrical problem, but with the poor light it is difficult to tell. He begins to think he should wait a while for the sun to come out. That is when he is overcome by a sudden dizzying sensation. It hits him right out of the blue and he grasps the rigging of the truck to steady himself.

Kyle tries to rest inside the cab, keeping an eye on Aziz while Harry snoozes on. Neither seemed to have awakened from the ruckus caused by Janice's nightmare. As he peers out into the early morning sky, Kyle finds that his vision is limited. Morning fog perhaps? That is when he looks down at his hands to see they are just as blurry as the outside sky. Something is happening to him.

As Janice looks on, horrified, the world begins to twist around her, like it is all a swirling vortex. She sees Terrence fall to the ground, though he tries to hold himself up with one arm. She looks at the truck and sees Kyle slumped over inside. Francisco too seems to have fallen into a stupor and hangs over the side of the rigging. As a sense of overwhelming fear and anxiety rushes over her, the world before her continues to twist and contort until suddenly it stops.

Terrence comes to, one hand on the ground, the other grasping his stomach. His vision finally begins to correct itself and he feels steady again. Francisco and Kyle likewise feel themselves returning to normal. Was it all a dream? Janice alone knows it is not.

The cab sits alone in a bizarre and alien landscape. Nearby, a tall writhing thing that somewhat resembles a tree with tentacular branches wavers in the chill breeze that blows through the air. The sky is a mauve red color with two suns, one rather small and not very bright, and a second burning deep crimson in the sky. The ground is lifeless and dull, covered with a dark black loamy soil. Apart from the tentacle tree, there is no sign of any kind of vegetation. There is nothing to see for miles around. All the cars that once surrounded you, the highway, the countryside, the clouds of dirt and smoke from the explosions, all of it is gone, replaced by this strange world.

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice Cardinal 3/6

Janice looks around the landscape. "This is the strangest dream yet." She stumbles over to Terrence and grabs his face. Pulling it to look at her, she says, "What's happening here. What does this all mean? No, I don't have time for you to ask questions. This is my dream and I'll wake up soon. Just tell me what this all means so I can help myself and my friends when I wake up."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The scientist is overwhelmed by the sudden changes. Could the atomic fall have caught them? Was that the strange weakening feeling he felt moments ago? Was he dead? Was he delirious, as radiation infiltrated his brain? What the hell happened with all around him? The truck was still there, and he could hear the voice of the little girl, so apparently at least she was there. Would this be hell? Francisco never thought anything of that religious crap was truth, he mocked all of that as irrational and stupid, but suddenly his ideals turned upside down. What was that strange creature? And the two suns, what was the meaning of that? Full of questions, the latin physicist stumbled to the truck, and tried to open the door to peak inside.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Terrence takes a step forward and bends over and vomits of to his side. Terrence understands at that point that he needs to get back to the car. "Come on Terrence," He says to himslef as he stumbles towards the car, "Come on Terrence, you have dealt with worse than this. You had a damned bullet through your leg once and you made it back to the medic tent. Damn it man get moving."

Last edited:

Remove ads