[d20 Apocalypse] After the Blast IC

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Be a macho pall, I'm just appling pressure over the ring, not over your arm." The physicist says rolling his eyes. "You are not used to pain up here ah?" he releases the pliers.
"Tell you what, lets fix the truck first, and worry about the ring later. If we don't get this running we are going to die anyways."

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Be a macho pall, I'm just appling pressure over the ring, not over your arm." The physicist says rolling his eyes. "You are not used to pain up here ah?" he releases the pliers.
"Tell you what, lets fix the truck first, and worry about the ring later. If we don't get this running we are going to die anyways."

"Well you could have fooled me, felt every bit of that. Anyways your right we should get the blasted car moving along again." Terrence says as he rubs the ring as he moves towards the car.

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice Cardinal 4/6

Janice holds back a few steps behind Terrence, wanting to help him but still afraid of the 'ring' and what she saw in her dream.

And then there was that moment spent in the nightmare world. Was that real or are her dreams starting to invade her waking hours. She was certain that was also connected to the 'ring', but she didn't know how yet.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 1, November 4th, 2020, Approx. 6:15 AM (12:15 GMT)

[sblock=Knowledge (physical sciences) DC 15]The ash is undoubtedly fallout from the nuclear detonation. Given the magnitude of the explosion, and the knowledge that at least one other nearby city was also hit with a similar weapon, the quantity of ash is likely to only accumulate into greater masses over time. It might be weeks before the sky is completely clear again.[/sblock]
[sblock=Treat Injury DC 20]The falling ash is likely to contain radioactive particles from the nuclear detonation. Prolonged exposure will cause radiation sickness which will be worse the longer the period of exposure.[/sblock]
Francisco heads back to the engine to see what he can do. Slivers of light begin to poke through the gently falling ash, but it is not the welcome dawn you had hoped for. The falling ash makes everything hazy and limits your view substantially. Nevertheless, Francisco does have a good enough view to get a few things straight. First of all, he realizes that the electrical systems are completely shot. The jury rig he performed to jump start the engine the first time will no longer work. He is going to need some spare parts to get the vehicle working. It might be possible to salvage the needed parts from similar abandoned vehicles along the road, but it is hard to tell how long that will take. One thing is certain, he can't get it running with the tools he has now.

Perhaps worse is the recognition that the fuel tanks have ruptured. Francisco realized he ought to check this when he discovered the fuel gauge was damaged. As it turns out, the gauge is stuck. It has probably read 1/3 of a tank for miles and no one really gave it much notice. The damaged fuel gauge simply meant that no one realized the truck was out of gas a long time ago and has been running on fumes. If the truck can be fixed, which is difficult to say at this point, it will be pointless if the fuel canisters can't be repaired and more diesel fuel found.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 1, November 4th, 2020, Approx. 6:45 AM (12:45 GMT)

Dawn has cracked in the ashy sky and a hazy morning light is now filtering down. You have all had a rather satisfying breakfast of pork and beans from the canned goods you grabbed yesterday and are ready to make preparations for the day. You have two options, generally speaking. You can either stay with the truck and make a short trip out to see if you can find the supplies you need, or you can continue the journey on foot to wherever you feel might be a safe place to hole up for a while or at least to get more information.

Kyle is concerned that unless Aziz gets proper medical attention, he will become septic and soon die from infection. He really isn't in much condition to be moved, but talk of constructing a stretcher has surfaced in light of the fact that the truck is currently immobile.

What will you do?

Voda Vosa

First Post
Francisco delivers a punch on the truck. "This mierda is ruined. I need more spare parts, perhaps from the other vehicles around. Don't know... I'm not sure if I can get it rolling. But I'm affraid that if we stay this is going to get real bad, real soon. This ash, it is from the nuclear explosion. We need to get out of here." Francisco explains.

Remove ads