• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Apocalypse] After the Blast OOC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The IC is up. Please no one post to this yet. But do read the rules. I should have an intro within the next 24 hours or so. Then the game shall begin. Those who need a wee bit more time with their characters needn't feel rushed. They will be able to hop it at a moment's notice.

The in character thread looks good; very thorough. One quick question: do we have to use action points at the beginning of a round to modify a roll, or is that just one option?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The in character thread looks good; very thorough. One quick question: do we have to use action points at the beginning of a round to modify a roll, or is that just one option?

You use an action point at the beginning of a battle. Say you make the following rolls:

You feel confident that 18 is going to succeed at whatever it is you need it to. That 14 has pretty good odds too. The 1 will automatically fail so you decide to ignore it. And you know the 7 doesn't have much of a chance of succeeding unless it is one of your really strong suits. Meanwhile the 12 is right around the average. With a few points extra you would feel pretty confident. So you decide to bump it by rolling an action point. You roll the action point and add:

+3 (action point)

If the battle ends before you need to use the 12, you get to keep the action point as if it were never spent. When you roll a skill check and most other uses of the d20, you decide right then and there whether to add the action point.

Voda Vosa, just do your best. The rules are only there to help the game run more smoothly based on my experience running PBP here and on other forums. Same with the character sheet. It's just easier if everyone uses the same sheet and I don't have to hunt in different places for the same information.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
First IC posts are up. If you've got your Rogue's Gallery sheet up, feel free to start posting. Your characters are all in the same vicinity (it's destiny). See the local map above for the map of the area. If you have any questions, ask them here.

Dekana

Explorer
Are edits to the IC posts alright if they don't involve action points? Like just for typos, not to change the nature of the post.

Ok thanks for letting me know air; just curious how it would work for skills, saves, and what have you.

By the way, did anyone do any post-apocalyptic costumes for last night? I made my first attempt at a zombie, and disovered the magic of liquid latex for peeling skin and wounds. I actually had a friend who kept running away from me for the first half of the night out of revulsion...

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Are edits to the IC posts alright if they don't involve action points? Like just for typos, not to change the nature of the post.

Yes, that is ok, but please include a reason for the edit in that case. And if you are that concerned about typos (I'm usually not), click Preview and read it before you Submit.

Remove ads