[d20 Apocalypse] After the Blast OOC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
This thread is for OOC conversation related to the d20 Apocalypse After the Blast campaign. Use this thread for the following:
-Posting Out-Of-Character conversations
-Requests to join the campaign
-Questions about the campaign
-Something funny that happened on your way to work today
-etc.

Note: Although mostly intended for players in the campaign, anyone is allowed to post in this thread if you want to discuss the campaign with us, but please do not spam.

House Rules
Make one roll when sneaking (Hide/Move Silently) or scouting (Listen/Spot) and apply the modifiers for the respective skills separately to get the individual results.

Edit (2010/06/25): TU conversion charts are attached.

Attachments

• TU1.JPG
    TU1.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 66
  • TU2.JPG
    TU2.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Hello everyone!!!

I was just wondering if we may discuss the team role thus far, just to understand how the team will function.

I know my guy will be pack mule/scouting

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hi there, checking in. Just a head up, I'm having some work issue right now, but I plan to get this don for Friday, so I'll be getting full time with this, just updating my games. I can promise a character for the weekend, but not before. Hope it's ok!
VV

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Frozen Messiah, this thread is for out-of-character discussion involving just about anything regarding the campaign so feel free to discuss team roles.

Voda Vosa, no hurry. RL always comes first. I probably won't be able to review the other character sheets until then anyway.

Willette

First Post
I'm pretty geared towards salvager/crafter/repairman. Gonna do the salvager class i think so i'll be decent for trading as well.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Attached are two maps. One is of the greater Chicago metropolitan area. It shows the area affected by the nuclear blast. The dark red dot in the middle is the crater. Everything there is vaporized. The inner dark red circle is the devastation radius. No one survived within that radius unless they were deep underground, and all the buildings were leveled. The middle bright red circle is the destruction radius. Most people within that radius were killed instantly although some survived through sheer luck or because they were well-protected. All buildings within this radius are damaged beyond use although some stronger buildings are still standing despite the damage. The outer orange circle is the damage radius. That's where you are all located. The damage here is caused mostly by the super-powerful winds and debris created by the blast rather than heat. Most buildings survive relatively intact though some lighter buildings are destroyed. Most people in this radius survive the immediate event although many are killed. The effect of the EMP can be felt even further beyond this, not to mention the main power grids are overloaded for miles around, causing massive black-outs. Don't worry about radiation, at least for now. You are the heroes. You somehow managed to be in the right place at the right time and avoided the worst of it.

The second map shows the immediate area where you are located. It is in a suburb of Chicago called Orland Park. Make sure to note the difference in scale between the two maps. Feel free to look this up on google maps and browse around to see what kind of buildings are nearby. The shopping mall and shopping plaza are key locations. In other words, they might be good places to go looking for stuff. Note this is approximately 10 years from now and an alternate reality so it is not identical. Don't feel like you have to go down to the street level and look around because there are probably going to be changes anyway.

Attachments

• Chicago Blast Radius.jpg
    Chicago Blast Radius.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Orland Park.jpg
    Orland Park.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 113

Frozen Messiah

First Post
airwalkrr, you said there was going to be changes in the map do you mean signifigant (like no gas stations due to new sort of energy that is used to power cars) or minor (instead ofa Denny's there is a Dunkin donuts)?

Also, what sort of major changes in tech have occured that may cause such change?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Earth is on the cusp of PL 6 (top secret tech is already there in some countries which is why I am allowing some advanced classes from d20 Future). Electric cars and EtOH cars are more common, but this shouldn't affect the placement of gas stations for the most part, as oil companies are the first to invest in new energy technologies. Gas stations simply become "energy" stations where you can re-fill with gas, EtOH, or re-charge your battery (a re-charge takes about 10 minutes, but if you are miles from home when your battery is running low, it is time well spent). That's probably the biggest difference. Earth is nearing a break-through in fusion power, but hasn't quite developed the ability to mass-produce it yet.

Like I said, I wouldn't worry about examining it at the street level. If you need to know of a specific building in the area for some reason before the game starts you can, but I will give you a description in character once we begin.

Remove ads