• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20/DND Craft(Poison) rules

sigil_of_light

First Post
Hey everybody. Ive been spending more than 24 hours over the past few days trying to find variant rules to poison making, that i think i saw in some ebook.
There was step by step guide to calculate Craft DC. As far as i remember type: injury was +0. Increasing save DC was +1 per point.
Does anybody have a list of books where there might be alternative poison creation rules than those in DMG? Thanks. :)

Crothian

First Post
Blue Devil Games and Bastion Press had the best posion books for d20. I'd look in those for rules like this. Both are in PDF format so it might have been what you saw.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
The Bastion book was named Pale Designs, IIRC. My DM at the time thought it was a great book, although I never got a look at it.

Moving over to the 3E forum.

azhrei_fje

First Post
If/when you do find the rules you're looking for you might find my dynamic crafting time page useful. You can find it at http://www.eeconsulting.net/pfrpg/poison-pf.html

Basically it lets you fill in the Craft bonus of the creator and then choose a couple of variables to see the creation time for all potions on the page. The button above the table toggles between D&D3.5 and PF.

I only mention it because the formula where the crafting time is calculated might be something that you could review and change for your own needs. Starting on line 76 of the current version is a function that does the calculation. Hopefully it's commented well enough that you could change simple variables without knowing too much about Javascript programming (I really tried to lay it out so it would be easy to follow).

And if it isn't usable for you, you're not out anything. ;)

(Oh, the rules that are in there now are based on a couple of sources; I think one of them was the BoVD, IIRC.)

Remove ads