D20 Extra info?

Flyspeck23

First Post
Krispy said:
Oh yeah, another really really useful variant I came up with: I modified the Makeshift counters so they were blank (and a lighter color) when I printed them, then I just wrote the name / relevant info (HP, AC), in pencil, on the counter when the creature turns up, then erase it when the creature dies. This works really really well, since you don't need to refer to the stats for AC, and you get to track it's current HP right on the creature, instead of scrap paper.
"Blank" creature counters are a great idea! I'll probably add these to the next update.

Krispy said:
Another thing that would be REALLY useful is a list of all the files that need to be printed for playing DB. For instance, I didn't print the Opponents RTF at first because I thought that it just duplicated info in the SRD. Luckily there were few opponens with class levels encountered, and the only time it was unavoidable (Quest Room), I just picked a random creature with the same CR (note to self: never try taking on a Criosphinx with 3 Level 4 PCs ever again.)
A check list of files to print would be neat too. I'll think about it.
Btw, the reason that the opponents document is RTF and not a PDF is to allow you to pick and choose which stats to print.

Krispy

First Post
True, but if I'm planning on printing out the entire thing, a niceley-formatted PDF would be a huge plus.
It'd also be a big help to people that don't have MS Word (like me).

Okay, so there's always OpenOffice, but still.

Oooh! howzabout little pre-done areas for stats on the counters? That may not work too well with the Medium counters though...
Keep in mind that you'll want to lighten up the colors a bit so pencil will show up better, i ended up pushing the Monster color more towards Orange so that it looked better (less of a pink color).

Last edited:

Flyspeck23

First Post
Krispy said:
True, but if I'm planning on printing out the entire thing, a niceley-formatted PDF would be a huge plus.
It'd also be a big help to people that don't have MS Word (like me).

Okay, so there's always OpenOffice, but still.
I'll think about it.

Krispy said:
Oooh! howzabout little pre-done areas for stats on the counters? That may not work too well with the Medium counters though...
Keep in mind that you'll want to lighten up the colors a bit so pencil will show up better, i ended up pushing the Monster color more towards Orange so that it looked better (less of a pink color).
Blank cards would be b/w - no background color.
Not sure which - if any - stats to include. AC and attack bonus perhaps...

Remove ads