• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern / 4CtF] Windy City Mutants: Genesis [PG-17]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Monday, 6:35pm
Lincoln High gymnasium, Oak Grove

As Becca approached, all Lorenzo could think was be casual, keep your eyes in your head, watch her eyes . . . no not there her eyes idiot, jaw closed, no tongue loll . . .

"Absolutely, let's roll," Lorenzo replied. He grabbed her gym bag along with his jacket and motioned to Becca which door he was heading to.

"See you guys, later," Lorenzo called to those he had sat with - brief though it was for the second half.

Lorenzo asked, "Heard there was some crazy fight up here in the third. . . What's with that?"

Last edited:

loxmyth

First Post
Monday, 6:04pm
On the streets, South Side

Macario pushed his way out onto the back alley, tears of terror and now relief streaming down his face as he extended his legs and ran like death itself was on his heels. He glanced furtively over his shoulders several times, but now his only thought was to outdistance the thug who was chasing him. If he could do that, he was sure he would have enough time to get out his keys and unlock his door. And then he would be safe. With those thoughts in mind, he staggered towards his home, terror still driving him.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jon decides to walk around the streets for a while and get some fresh air before heading home, maybe see what's happening now.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Monday, 11:39pm
Heavy Metal Gym, South Side
Krizzel said:
"Just like last night," Slim whispered into Joshua's ear with a pat on the shoulder, before slipping out of the ring. Then the bell sounded...

Just like last night?! Oh my god no!
Joshua shakes his head for a moment, to chase away from his mind the sound of his punch on the face of the boy he killed. He has to be focused to fight. Last time he was distracted he lost two teeth. This won't happen again.
He breathes heavily, studying his adversary with a stern look, letting his mass and muscles impress the white boy. He makes two clumsy steps, trying to pretend he's not as fast as he's strong, hoping to catch him off guard. Joshua keeps taking deep breathes to clear his mind and hopefully he's body, silently praying his muscles won't start to burn again like they did last night. He studies the boy's guard, choosing carefully his strategy to make the fight last the less possible. Slim doesn't like when he wins too easily, but Joshua knows that a longer fight means more pain, more bruises, more wounds, to him and to his adversary, and he doesn't like to hurt people, he doesn't want to like to hurt people. He can't help to see again the stare of Ching's daughter, burning into his black skin, right into his black heart.
What am I becoming? NO! I only need money for grandma! I'll get a job and I won't hurt people anymore! I don't like it! I don't like it I swear!
As a silent lonely tear falls from Joshua's eye, immediately mixing with his sweat, he leaps forward to attack his opponent.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads