• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern / 4CtF] Windy City Mutants: Genesis [PG-17]

garyh

First Post
Monday, 10:13pm
Museum of Natural History, downtown

"Sure, Detective," Linh replied. "I'm feeling better... certainly better than some unlucky folks," she said as she glanced at the body bags. " The name's Linh Tran, I'm an EMT with the Houseton station. Do you have any ideas about what happened here?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Monday, 6:17pm
Lincoln High 'Dungeon' hallway, Oak Grove

Lorenzo smiled at Lana, and quickly looked her over from head to toe - more in concern than in a ‘checking her out’ way. He looked to Kate and Jonathon and acknowledged them, then turned his attention on Lana. That was way too close, Lorenzo thought to himself. Sometimes it just better to be lucky.

“Lana, right?” Lorenzo asked. “You should be alright for now, but I’d keep my distance from Luke and his cronies for a few days. I know this wasn’t your fault, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be careful – it never hurts.”

“Well . . . I’m gonna head back up to the game, you heading up?” Lorenzo asked with a warm smile as he looked to the three underclassmen. Lorenzo turned to head back to the gymnasium regardless of whether they followed or not. After a couple steps, Lorenzo stopped and turned back to Lana, “You know, I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings with what I said earlier, Lana. I was just trying to get distract Luke. I know you can do a lot better than him – you’ve got a lot going for you.”

Lorenzo then turned and walked back up to the gymnasium. Hopefully that made up for hurting her feelings earlier. No reason to help out only to hurt someone else. Lorenzo thought – pleased with himself for doing a good deed. Now lets see if that good karma helps with Becca tonight. Crap, the game should almost be over. Lorenzo thought with a look to his watch. He lengthened his stride.

Krizzel

First Post
Monday, 6:25pm
Lincoln High gymnasium, Oak Grove

Shalimar said:
"If you want we can stay," she said giving Chris a nervous smile as the players shook hands. It seemed like it was over, whatever it was. But she left the decision up to Chris.
Chris thought it over for a second and then nodded. "Yeah, let's stay. There's not much more than a quarter left anyway," he added, giving Stacy a squeeze of thanks as he sat back down.

The game started back up again within a minute, and soon the incident seemed all but forgotten as the players were again running up and down the court engaged in a close struggle for the game. By the time Lorenzo returned the fourth quarter had just begun, putting Lincoln High ahead by three points.

OOC - Last chances for anything during the game, guys. I'll be heading on to the aftermath soon ;)

Krizzel

First Post
Monday, 10:13pm
Museum of Natural History, downtown

"EMT, huh?" Detective Richmond paused to smile briefly before he remembered to write Linh's words down on his pocket-sized notepad. "Well..." he drawled while his hand fought the chill air to get his notes down slowly, I really shouldn't but since you can find out on your own anyway..." he wavered, glancing around before taking a seat next to Linh on the back of the open ambulance.

"Looks like a bomb," Richmond explained quietly, rubbing a hand in his thick blond mop of hair. "There appear to have been several explosions - we don't know if they were secondaries or actually multiple devices in their own right." He shrugged and sighed. "There's really not much more than that right now. Anything you remember could help. So...let's start with why you were at the museum. Oh, and they told me they found that other guy with you - do you know him?"

KitanaVorr

First Post
Monday, 6:17pm

At first the elation of Lorenzo speaking her name brought a blush to Lana's cheeks, but then the realization that he probably heard someone call that out earlier deflated it a bit. And yet those pesky elation bouyed up again only a second later when he smiled so warmly at her, only to dash off downwards as he turned his back on her and the others.

Then for the final time it shot up with his praise of her only to dive again when she realized that it was only words to make her feel better. Who was she kidding? He didn't know who she really was. Just some chick that Luke felt like picking on.

I've got a lot going for me?! How would you know! This is the first time you've ever talked to me!

The yo-yo of teenage crushes. I hat e it...I hate him...hell I hate them all! followed by a long inward sigh as she watched him walk away.

"Jon? Thanks for sticking up for me," Lana spoke when she finally found her voice again after Lorenzo left. Her dark green eyes turned to meet his gaze.

"Hey you want to go boarding this weekend? Me, Kate and Mike are heading off to test out the new snow. Should be good. My dad's taking us."

Shalimar

First Post
Monday, 6:25pm
Lincoln High gymnasium, Oak Grove

Stacy retakes her seat, this time on Chris's lap pulling his arms around her. She leanns her head back to rest on his shoulder and not obscure his view of the game, she really wasn't interested in the rest of the game but she didn't want to ruin it for Chris either. She just let her mind wander as she shifted her skirt to preserve her modesty. I can't wait until this weekend, its going to be great, daddy is going to be gone so we can stay out a little later, and we have all day Sunday together. she thought to herself playing idly with her Jade necklace.

Jemal

Adventurer
Monday, 6:18pm

Jon almost blushed as Lana looked at him, glad that he hadn't been looking at anything.. Clearing his throat, he answers her
"Boarding? Uh, sure.. I'll see if I can swing it.. I'm not the greatest, but I should be able to keep from embarasing myself."

loxmyth

First Post
Monday, 6:04pm
On the streets, South Side

Damn damn DAMN! Intense anger boiled in Macario's heart as he tugged futilely at the lock. He was so angry he felt nauseous. Why was this happening to him? Who the hell was that person on his tail, and why was he so persistant? Why couldn't he be left alone? What did this guy want from him? Rapidly, the anger twisted and turned and became cold, stark fear. There, heavy at the bottom of his stomach, inching slowly. Swaying under the intensity of his emotions, he bit down as a sob escaped his parched, trembling lips.

Feeling trapped and cornered, the fear rising in his gut like some intangible monster, Macario turned the bolt to open and and threw himself against the door as hard as he could. If the door opens, he'll make a run for it, now too unnerved to hide. Otherwise, he'll take up his previous plan, hiding behind the boxes with the intent of toppling them on his pursuer.

KitanaVorr

First Post

"Great," Lana replied with a smile. Dropping her skateboard, on the floor, she started to weave around as if the whole Luke episode had not just happened. "Well...let's not waste what great skating time we have left, right, Kate? That preppy jock jerk isn't going to scare me away that easily."

Jemal

Adventurer

"Uh, Well, you two have fun, I uh.. I gotta get going." Jon murmered, starting to head the other way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads