D&D 4E d20 Modern 4E - I want it!

gnownek

First Post
My solution (see links earlier) was as follows:

Defender - Created Muscle class from Warrior. Now improved with some ranged weapon powers also some ability to disrupt opponents with missile fire from firearms

Striker -Created Scoundrel class from Ranger & Rogue. One subclass relying on speed, one more sneaky and smart.

Leader Inspiration class. Potentially psychic or arcane. Created varpower keyword which marks powers whose power source can be selected.

Half way through Controller - Enigma. Only psychic or arcane. Will work on a martial controller.

Classes were really generic, with lots of options (helped a bit by the concept of scalable powers, whose effects varied if you took it as a higher level power) for different settings (pick your own weapon and armor prof as opposed to assigned so you could use the same class in a variety of settings from black powder to automatic weapons to powered armor and energy swords)

brainstorm

First Post
I hope I'm not derailing this thread, but as someone who is about to start a d20 Modern Urban Arcana game, I've been considering "4E"-izing it with a few house rules, such as incorporating Minions, using the 4E Grab rules instead of Grapple, use the 4E rules for bursts and blasts, and a few others. I've never played d20 Modern, but I'm an old hand at 3.x, so I'm not too concerned about making some minor modifications like this, but on the other hand, I don't know if there are some modern-specific issues that could arise that I'm not anticipating from doing this. Has anyone out there tried incorporating some of these 4E concepts into d20 Modern games? If so, do they work well? If not, why?

thruxus

First Post
Just Wait

Just wait for Spycraft to make a 4th Edition book, then we will see some nice detailed rules. Spycraft 2.0 was spectacular. Using the 4E system would make it even more so. As long as it kept its fluff, and stuff!

Krensky

First Post
Just wait for Spycraft to make a 4th Edition book, then we will see some nice detailed rules. Spycraft 2.0 was spectacular. Using the 4E system would make it even more so. As long as it kept its fluff, and stuff!

Ah, sarcasm.

Thankfully, it's not going to happen.

I hope I'm not derailing this thread, but as someone who is about to start a d20 Modern Urban Arcana game, I've been considering "4E"-izing it with a few house rules, such as incorporating Minions, using the 4E Grab rules instead of Grapple, use the 4E rules for bursts and blasts, and a few others. I've never played d20 Modern, but I'm an old hand at 3.x, so I'm not too concerned about making some minor modifications like this, but on the other hand, I don't know if there are some modern-specific issues that could arise that I'm not anticipating from doing this. Has anyone out there tried incorporating some of these 4E concepts into d20 Modern games? If so, do they work well? If not, why?
There might be, but I don't know which that would be. :) Well, one perhaps - No Fortitude or Reflex defense in d20 Modern, so you have to "rethink" how to implement Grab. And if just by saying 10 + Fort Save = Fort defense, in cases where required. A rarely-posing-here-poster Belen used this approach in a GenCon Mass Effect game using Starwars Saga - Reflex Saves where your Reflex Defense -10 + d20.

Minions could replace the current Ordinaries. (Or maybe Minions are Minions, Ordinaries are regular monsters, Heroics are Elite.)

Remove ads