• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E d20 Modern 4e

ogre

First Post
I'm surprised there's no threads on this yet, but here goes.
Any thoughts or news on if d20 modern will be updated with the release of 4e?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I had originally thought they'd release a d20 Modern "Saga Edition" to beta-test rules for 4e...

Oh well, -- N

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I can't imagine we'd hear anyting about a new d20 Modern until a year or so after 4e D&D comes out. They really don't want to compete with themselves

Kesh

First Post
My guess: a one-shot book, kinda like the "Return to" or "Expedition to" books. Just a single book on a modern campaign setting, no support going forward from that.

Aussiegamer

First Post
modern is dead, I agree.

If they are not interested in updating their own modern web site then I diubt they are interested now in spending the cash on a new modern system (or scifi), as it NOT a big seller compared to fantasy like Ebberron or FR settings.

iwatt

First Post
Aussiegamer said:
modern is dead, I agree.

If they are not interested in updating their own modern web site then I diubt they are interested now in spending the cash on a new modern system (or scifi), as it NOT a big seller compared to fantasy like Ebberron or FR settings.

Replace Star War for modern in your statement, and you have the same statements that were been bandied around last year about SW RPG.

ogre

First Post
wow, so glum an outlook :-(
If anything, perhaps 4e rules will blend easily with d20 modern, its not that it was all that different from 3e anyway.
As soon as we get something, like the races classes guide due in what, November?, perhaps we can port the new concepts into modern without much trouble. Maybe I'm being optimistic? How different is saga from d20 modern? I admitt, I don't know what saga is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads