D20 Modern Campaign Ideas?

Azure Trance

First Post
I'm just curious of the possibilties (limitless as they are) for D20 modern. Obviously you'd have the:

• Military Campaign
  • Police Campaign
  • Spy Campaign :)-/ Which Spycraft already does :-/)
  • Post - Apocalyptic Madmax
  • Shadowrun Cyberpunk
  • X-Files Mystery
  • Cthulu Horror Campaign
  • Marvel/DC-ish Universe where spellcasters are equivalent to 'mutants,' both good and evil

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Now if D20 Modern is advanced enough to run as a Sci-Fi setting, then we're talking ;D The Space Opera genre could be wide enough to cover a greater amount of characters, from smugglers and traders to rebels and pirates. But maybe Dragonstar covers that well enough already, like Spycraft might for spying?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Alias is #1 on my list (and if you have missed this show, you are seriously missing out. Best show with sci-fi/fantasy undertones, by far, on the air right now.)

Near future cyberpunkish is #2.

Stargate is #3.

I suppose an X-files (with a divine investigator overtone) campaign would be #4.

Last edited:

Azure Trance

First Post
How does Alias have fantasy overtones? I could imagine scifi (superscience) it being a spy show and all ...

OT, while D20 looks great, I'm just concerned that it won't squeeze the other D20 games like Dragonstar or Spycraft too tight.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Azure Trance said:

• Marvel/DC-ish Universe where spellcasters are equivalent to 'mutants,' both good and evil
Actually, I was thinking along the line of Dr. Strange. And who is that mystic from the DC Universe that wears a golden helmet that mask his face. He once appeared on the WB Superman animated series.

Ezrael

First Post
Golden helmet spellcaster would be Doctor Fate. He's an original member of the Justice Society of America and he goes back to the forties if I'm not mistaken.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
JDeMobray said:
My first game will most likely be some kind of near future Lain/Armitage setting crossed with Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere.

i would really like to hear more about that when you work it out (and if you'd like to post it :D )

Jeph

Explorer
You know I'm gonna have dudes from hell lurkin around corruptin them cheap-{expletive exzpressing posterior quarters of human female deleted} mortal souls and sellin fake rolexes on the NY streets! VAMPIRES!

What I'm going to run will be a dark-fantasy vampire hunting game. Maybe throw in soem other WoD elements, like werewolves and stuff. It'll probably be pretty cthulhu-ish, but more psionic than magic.

Severion

First Post
I plan on using my DarkMatter sourcebook for background material and Mongoose publishings "Chaos magic" for the magic system (psionics are up in the air)

Severion

Remove ads