(D20 Modern) CORELINE: FIREWALLS: EPISODE 1 (IC)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Caelin Nightwing, Werepanther

Caelin looks around trying to see signs of the doctor they were chasing. HE comments wryly, "That was buzz kill."

OOC: Search (+2) and Spot (+9) skill checks

[sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 24 HP: 55/66 DR10/Silver[/sblock]_____________________________

CaelinNightwing.jpg
Caelin_Panther.jpg

Felix1459

First Post
Lobo looks at the tip of the buzz-saw and says "Wow. I have got to get me one of these." and then he feels the heat of the staff behind him and he turns just in time to see the rest of the creature get blasted down the hall. Lobo starts to laugh and then pauses when Caelin speaks and then after another few moments he lets out another laugh and says "Ha. Buzz-kill. I get it."

Caelin looks around trying to see signs of the doctor they were chasing. HE comments wryly, "That was buzz kill."

[sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 24 HP: 55/66 DR10/Silver[/sblock]_____________________________

CaelinNightwing.jpg
Caelin_Panther.jpg

The Werepanther is able to see that there's track marks going down the corridor, as if something heavy is being dragged. There is nothing showing that there are any other surprises waiting for the group.

He can see that the end of the corridor (another hatch) is close by (about 90feet away). It is closed.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Caelin moves quickly down the hallway to the closed hatch, calling back, "Luna, we need you to check to make sure there are no booby traps... Heh, heh, booby."

He is looking for trouble himself, but someone else is better at spotting traps.

CaelinNightwing.jpg
Caelin_Panther.jpg

Felix1459

First Post
"What? Ya think dey'd try da sane thing twice?" Lobo says as he strolls up to the door, still carrying the buzz saw arm. He reaches for the door and checks to see if its locked. If the buzz saw stops working he'll pout and drop it. If it's still working he'll continue to carry it.

The buzz-saw is still working... although there's no off switch to be found anywhere on the monster's severed arm.

(Damage for the buzz-saw, BTW, is 2d8).

Luna walks up to the hatch and looks it over, humming. "Well.... no traps.", she says. "None that I can see."

She grabs the hatch's handle and twists it, trying to pull it open. The hatch moves only a few inches, doing a mild metallic squeal as it does.

"Thing's rustier than hell, though.", she says. "I guess that your Doctor or one of her remaining henchmen must have boosted strength."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Or they have a teleportation device," Seth offered helpfully. "Or a shrinking device. Or some way to go two-dimensional and slide through the open door."

"Or..." Seth whispered, "they're NINJAS."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Caelin resumes his position on point, sniffing the air and keeping a sharp eye out for ambushes, "Let us go and get 'em."

CaelinNightwing.jpg
Caelin_Panther.jpg

Lobo smiles and pulls the door open for Luna. "Der you go liddle lady."

Or they have a teleportation device," Seth offered helpfully. "Or a shrinking device. Or some way to go two-dimensional and slide through the open door."

"Or..." Seth whispered, "they're NINJAS."

Caelin resumes his position on point, sniffing the air and keeping a sharp eye out for ambushes, "Let us go and get 'em."

CaelinNightwing.jpg
Caelin_Panther.jpg

"I have seen Ninja, actually.", says Luna. "And they still need some way to go inside someplace... like a really big crack on the wall, or something."

Once through the hatch, the group arrives to a big room. It is easily two stories tall, and lightly lit through several fluorescents on the walls and ceiling. Lots of thick piping comes from the walls and ceiling, criss-crossing this way and that. The group hears several people grunting in the distance (across the room), and a woman saying a rather hostile:

"Who was the $%&·$&! that forgot to OIL THESE HINGES!? I'm going to make him a vivisection without anesthesia!"

Remove ads