• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Part II - It's getting warmer

Jarval

Explorer
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0725 hours, June 3, 2003

"Jeremiah's on diplomacy duty with the aliens at the moment, so things are going OK. I think. I hope... Giving Durant a call shouldn't do any harm, right?" Lucas activated the radio clipped to his uniform.

"Um, Commander Durant? Leonard needs the codes for the gate up here before he can leave. Oh, and Lt. Stewart would like to stick around, if there's anyone who could head back with Leonard."

KitanaVorr

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0725 hours, June 3, 2003

Lorelai pored over the device, absolutely fascinated by its design and construction. "Incredible! Do you know what this device represents? It represents the proof of loop quantum gravity! This machine can only be possible if space and time wasn't smooth like some kind of curve, but filled with bumps." She ran her eyes over the alien device lovingly. "Not analog but digital."

A few overheard words though brought her slightly back from her reverie to the matter at hand. "Grayson...Do they know where they came from? Do they recognize any of the symbols up on the Stargate as theirs? Maybe there's something somewhere that will let us know where they're from. Some files maybe, something written on a board down here or upstairs in the office. I can't send them back without knowing an address, and I don't think this device stores coordinates."

Her eyes carefully observed the buttons, seeing if she could see which ones had been pressed most recently.

Calim

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0725 hours, June 3, 2003

Jeremiah, at Lorelei's question began moving towards the large lizard thing. "Your things are on the way. We need to know where to send you?"

Jeremiah remembering that he still only had the rudimentary knowledge of the language kept it very simple. He was very aware of how nervous he was at this point as well which seemed to make his throat more sore then it already had been.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0725 hours, June 3, 2003
Calim said:
As Durant came closer Jeremiah started relating to the Commander what had occured. "It would seem someone asked them to come here and they were promised a great tribute of fire and umm... well, souls..." Jeremiah said this last bit a tad lower to make sure it was only he and Durant could hear. "All they want right now is to go home and to be warm. This place is freezing to them and they are in a bit of a hurry. I already had to talk them out of one tribute today, so we need to hurry and get them back where they came from ASAP."
Allowing the urgency to creep into his voice slowly to punctuate his remarks.
"Souls?"
"Right. Of Course. Someone offered them our souls."
Maybe it really was time to retire.
Like hell it was!

Durant held back yet another sigh as he spoke to Grayson. "Go help the professor and get these things out of here. Send them home or where ever, I really don't care. It's been a long day, we're like 10 minutes into this op, hours behind schedule and I really don't feel like letting anyone eat my soul. If I still even have one."

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0725 hours, June 3, 2003
Jarval said:
"Um, Commander Durant? Leonard needs the codes for the gate up here before he can leave. Oh, and Lt. Stewart would like to stick around, if there's anyone who could head back with Leonard."
Damn I need an XO around here badly!
Durant opened up his mike and replied. "Andreev, Give the gate codes to Montoya. Ric, get Campbell back to base and have yourself looked at. I don't want you passing out from dehydration or anything stupid like that. Stewart, if you're staying, get yourself inside and give us a hand."

Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0725 hours, June 3, 2003

Durant opened up his mike and replied. "Andreev, Give the gate codes to Montoya. Ric, get Campbell back to base and have yourself looked at. I don't want you passing out from dehydration or anything stupid like that. Stewart, if you're staying, get yourself inside and give us a hand."

Still in mid-descent, Andreev reached down and snapped his radio off his belt. He still had a few moments until he reached the floor of the pit, so he had plenty of time to get the codes to Lucas.

"Mr. Fisher, the gate codes are as follows..." Slowly, he repeated them to Lucas, remembering each one in precise detail, without mistake. When finished, he asked Lucas if he recieved the codes clearly, and signed off.

The heat was sweltering as he was lowered further and further into the pit. He loosened the collar of his uniform, to cool him off as much as possible in this place. He waited patiently to touch the ground...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Just after his discussion with Durant, Jeremiah noticed that the large lizard (actually all of the creatures) had moved to the lava and submerged within its thick, scalding depths.

Jeremiah said:
Jeremiah, at Lorelei's question began moving toward the large lizard pool. "Your things are on the way. We need to know where to send you?"

The moments tick away as there is no reply from within the lava pool, but the popping of gas and the hiss of steam.

OOC: Jeremiah

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Andreev landed lightly on the elevator shaft floor. Debris was blackened and scattered in the corners of the shaft, and the doors were melted and non-existent leading into the warehouse proper.

After removing the climbing harness and watching the harness ascend up the shaft, Ilianov looked to move into the warehouse itself. The Stargate was within the warehouse, and Andreev could see Lorelai, Durant and Grayson all near the structure.

As Andreev took his first steps, his shoes stuck to the floor of the elevator, pulling away on the floor as if in mud. Looking at his feet, Andreev realized that his boot soles were melting from the heat of the elevator floor. The floor clung to his boots melting the composite rubber material and creating a viscous glue, making his steps out of the elevator very difficult.

Andreev could feel the searing heat on the soles of his feet as his boots began to fail him, before he entering the warehouse and the relatively cooler floor.

OOC: Ilianov, Lost 8 vitality points from burns to his feet, his combat boots are a ruined mess.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0725 hours, June 3, 2003

Lorelai said:
Her eyes carefully observed the buttons, seeing if she could see which ones had been pressed most recently.

Any clues that could have been gleaned about prior buttons pushed had been burned away from what appeared to be several burn marks on all of the press plates of the device. A crust of blackened dirt covered the plates as well, but the plates and the device appeared undamaged.

OOC: Lorelai

Jarval

Explorer
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0725 hours, June 3, 2003

kid A said:
"Mr. Fisher, the gate codes are as follows..." Slowly, he repeated them to Lucas, remembering each one in precise detail, without mistake. When finished, he asked Lucas if he recieved the codes clearly, and signed off.
"Yup, all came through loud and clear. Thanks Andreev, we'll be back with you all in just a moment."

Lucas punched the gate codes in quickly, opening the way for Leonard. This done, he shouldered his pack and turned to Lt. Reed.

"Ready to face the furnace again?" He joked, buoyed by the brief respite from the infernal heat inside. Taking a last breath of the cooler air, he quickly made his way back down into the warehouse.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads