• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Sci-Fi

Bront

The man with the probe
What's the best D20 Sci-Fi system out there?

Is Modern with the Future books the way to go?

Is Traveler D20 a good sci-fi game?

Are there other offerings out there?

I've tried Star Wars, don't care for the feel, and feel some of the classes have some fairly odd flaws. I haven't played it extensively though.

I know my gaming group could get into a good D20 Sci-fi game (Of course getting someone other than me to run it might be an issue).

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
I like the Babylon 5 game. It has few changes from the basic game and the changes are easy to get used and add something important to the game.

Psion

Adventurer
As I mentioned in the Traveller thread, T20 is pretty decent. It's main weakness is chagen is a little tedious, though I do like the class arrangement, though multiclassing is a little odd.

But I must say that I consider T20]s Starship combat superior to any other d20 SF offering I have seen, and even if you don't go with T20, I would recommend you adopt in place of any of the other pale attempts at Starship combat I have seen in other SF offerings.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Its a few years old but I found Dragonstar recently. It is D&D in Space. Might not be your cup of tea but it seems interesting. Fantasy Flight Games had a sale recently I got all the books they had for it $5 a piece. There was one book they did not have thus had to pay a little more for it. I still got 7 books for less than $80.

Dragonstar is a setting where Dragons rule a section of the Serpents Eye galaxy. Every 1000 years they change rulers each time to a different color. The Current Ruler is a Red. Ant creature in D&D has a place in the game. It even suggests taking your favorite D&D world and putting into the setting.

twofalls

DM Beadle
If you enjoy post apocalyptic gaming I'd suggest Darwin's World. I'm going to be finishing my FR game, ending that 4 year long campaign the group has voted to play Gamma World. I'm going to remove the nanotech and psi rules from that game in insert things from Darwin's World that I feel work better.

Good luck!

Bront

The man with the probe
I've played Dragonstar before, was fairly cool. The campaign didn't go anywhere, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying it again sometime.

A friend kept trying to run Darwin's World, but it never happened. I'm looking for more of a space/future Sci-Fi vs an apocolyptic Sci-fi.

Anyone have any experience with Fading Suns D20? I loved the old Fading suns setting, but never got a chance to use the D20 version.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
did the Dragonstar game not go far because of the setting or was it the players? I want to run it sometime soon and I would like to avoid any pitfalls in the setting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads