d20 Stats for a Headless Horseman

Hawken

First Post
There was a 2nd edition Ravenloft supplement that had a headless horseman in it. Darklords, I believe is the title. No flaming pumpkins, but he ran up and down the road with a sickle that flat out took your head if it hit. I don't know if White Wolf got around to updating it to 3rd edition or not though.

The encounter is kind of lame because he is followed by severed heads rolling and bouncing along the road after him that stop to attack (bite) before moving on after him. Those severed heads are then followed by severed medusa heads which can paralyze but not petrify.

shadow

First Post
Hawken said:
There was a 2nd edition Ravenloft supplement that had a headless horseman in it. Darklords, I believe is the title. No flaming pumpkins, but he ran up and down the road with a sickle that flat out took your head if it hit. I don't know if White Wolf got around to updating it to 3rd edition or not though.

The encounter is kind of lame because he is followed by severed heads rolling and bouncing along the road after him that stop to attack (bite) before moving on after him. Those severed heads are then followed by severed medusa heads which can paralyze but not petrify.

Yes, that was from the 2e Ravenloft book Darklords. One of the more interesting Ravenloft darklords. Unfortunately, it never saw a 3e conversion because White Wolf was too busy with the core domains to worry about anything else.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
"My vorpal sword! It does nothing!"

:D

Seriously, check out the The Le Games product linked to above. What more could you ask for than an entire d20 PDF on the subject?

Wraith Form

Explorer
From Hobo's sig:
1. You lock the target
2. You bait the line
3. You slowly spread the net, and
4. You catch the man.

Awwwww yeah, it's The 242, is what I'm talkin' about. Nice to see a fellow old skooler.

Wraith Form

Explorer
From Casey Smith's review on d20 Magazine Rack:

"If Washington Irvine were alive today, and if he were to play D&D, he'd buy it."

Who the f**k is Washington Irvine?!?

Hoo boy, people. Wikipedia isn't that hard to Google up.

Wraith Form said:
Awwwww yeah, it's The 242, is what I'm talkin' about. Nice to see a fellow old skooler.
win.gif

Remove ads