• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20M] League of Extraordinary Gentlemen -- UPDATED 12/4! NOTHING STRESSFUL GOING ON!

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Just received the book today in an Amazon shipment. I'm still at work, so I didn't have time to more than flip through it, but it looks great. Hehe Haha. :)

Poor Mina. It doesn't look like she had much chance of preventing bloodshed (although at least she stopped Hyde on the docks).

Speaking of Griffin and Tesla's notes, what happens next, Wulf?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Ok, having seen the movie this past weekend, it's clear I'm going to have to bump these characters up to 12th level or so next time I run a game.

I mean, would it kill me to put a vampire template on Mina? I don't think so...

And obviously Nemo's been working out...

Wulf

Lela

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Ok, having seen the movie this past weekend, it's clear I'm going to have to bump these characters up to 12th level or so next time I run a game.

I mean, would it kill me to put a vampire template on Mina? I don't think so...

And obviously Nemo's been working out...

Wulf

Mina rocked.

Of course, I saw the movie with the party member IMC that recently took a modified Vampire template. As she did her main scene, I leaned over to him and said "No!" He gave me this sad, hurt look. . .

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:

Have finished the first volume (1-6) and am looking forward to seeing the movie during my vacation in the states later this month.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
GruTheWanderer said:
Have finished the first volume (1-6) and am looking forward to seeing the movie during my vacation in the states later this month.

Be prepared for the movie to take liberties with some of the characters-- but it's still a good time.

What did you think of Vol. I?

Wulf

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Vol. I was great. Admittedly I haven't read any comics recently (other than some Japanese manga) but I thought the illustrations were outstanding. The story is also fun, especially going back and reading about the allusions on http://www.geocities.com/ratmmjess/league1.html

I had some doubts about the movie after looking at Ebert's review. I knew the movie would take liberties with the characters, but it sounds like it took huge liberties with the locations too (a car chase in Venice?).

Lela

First Post
GruTheWanderer said:

I had some doubts about the movie after looking at Ebert's review. I knew the movie would take liberties with the characters, but it sounds like it took huge liberties with the locations too (a car chase in Venice?).

I wouldn't quite call it a car chase myself. There was only one car innvolved. Also, Venice wasn't a bad thing. They just did a different story that happened to include the city.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads