• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dagon

the Jester

Legend
Just wanted to throw in an enthusiastic two thumbs up for this H.P. Lovecraft-based movie. Half in Spanish with no subtitles, it's meant to confuse you and destroy your sanity. About to go watch it again- I saw it about two months ago.

Shapermc

First Post
I would like to put a thumb or two in the air for this one as well. I did not know it was even released untill I was walking down the newrelease section in Blockbuster and saw it by chance. "Hmmm I wonder if that has any thing to do with Lovecraft?" /me picks it up. "Yup, I think that I will rent it."

This is a great feel to it, and you will see people in the movie who have definatly failed their sanity checks and others who shurly have a high wisdom. This does not have top quality FX in it or acting or music, but if there is not one single scene in this movie that make you shiver a little you have problems.

Nightstorm

First Post
Does it have subtitles? I mean what's the point if you dont know what the hell is going on? I almost rented this the other day. Im glad I read this.

Usurper

First Post
I don't speak Spanish and I had no trouble following it. I recall there being subtitles. Synopsis: the hero is a wuss, the backstory is cool, and I want to marry the fishgirl.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

After watching this movie, I started to read every H.P. Lovecraft story I could find. It was an insane movie. A truly horrifying film that would give an easily scared person nightmares.

It was fairly well-acted with an interesting plot. The end was a real testament to the storiese of H.P. Lovecraft.

Last edited:

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Does it have subtitles? I mean what's the point if you dont know what the hell is going on?

I have not seen the movie, but isn't this kinda the whole point? It's Cthulhoid, after all. Kinda the whole schtick is not knowing what the hell is going on. I think. What was the question? :D

Seriously, I passed this by, but if you all say it's ... well, not AS BAD as it looks, maybe it's worth a viewing.

Thanks for the review!

Warrior Poet

Remove ads