D&D General Dan Rawson Named New Head Of D&D

Hasbro has announced a former Microsoft digital commerce is the new senior vice president in charge of Dungeons & Dragons. Dan Rawson was the COO of Microsoft Dynamics 365.

wotc-new-logo-3531303324.jpg

Hasbro also hired Cynthia Williams earlier this year; she too, came from Microsoft. Of Rawson, she said "We couldn’t be bringing on Dan at a better time. With the acquisition of D&D Beyond earlier this year, the digital capabilities and opportunities for Dungeons & Dragons are accelerating faster than ever. I am excited to partner with Dan to explore the global potential of the brand while maintaining Hasbro’s core value as a player-first company.”

Rawson himself says that "Leading D&D is the realization of a childhood dream. I’m excited to work with Cynthia once again, and I’m thrilled to work with a talented team to expand the global reach of D&D, a game I grew up with and now play with my own kids.”

Interestingly, Ray Wininger -- who has been running D&D for the last couple of years -- has removed mention of WotC and Hasbro from his Twitter bio.

Last edited:

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Got a quote? I only ask because folks have a habit of saying "promised" about conversations that are not official. For example, "we want this to be the last...." might be something some one says in an interview, but its not an edict that it wont ever happen.
That's setting a very low bar.

darjr

I crit!
Here’s a thread. Now mind it’s a thread about an article with statements from Ryan Dancy, and I think some of it has been shown to not be right. But I dint thing the substantive parts are incorrect.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I suppose it depends on your definition of "edition"

Was 3e to 3.5 really an edition change in regards to how the Current WotC/Hasbro consider an edition change?

Was 4e to Essentials an edition change in regards to how the Current WotC/Hasbro consider an edition change?

If they weren't, with how it looks like this is going, it is probable that the new Anniversary edition isn't actually an "edition change" as much as a notch of small little changes that make it different just a wee bit, but not enough to justify calling it a completely different edition like 3e was to 4e or 4e was to 5e.

Of course, if we go by how it was under TSR, 3e to 3.5 probably should have been an edition change as should have 4e to Essentials...but we aren't with TSR anymore.
They were fun while they lasted. Every one of my favorite official D&D products came from TSR.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases