• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Chicago Ripper

iwatt

First Post
Friadoc said:
"I can run back to my apartment and get it,"

"I'll go get it if you want, you're probably more useful staying here planning."
With a smile to the Doc he adds. "I was actually thinking of using it as bait. You know, get these freaks to come to us for a change. Maybe we can get Diego a holy chair, so we can finally bring this guy down."

Shayuri

First Post
"Lets just wait for a second and see how the rest of the briefing goes?" Meredith suggests wryly, waving a hand at the Director

Falkus

Explorer
"Here are the photos from the first crime scene," Stanfield continued, handing out more pictures. These were essentially the same as the second crime scene, victim nailed to a wall (though this one was young woman rather than an old man), chest a bloody mess, and hieroglyphics burned into the wall. There was another word written in blood under the body. Akil.

industry
[sblock]These hieroglpyics are definitely part of a spell, and when you put them side by side, you can see that the ones from the first murder are the first part of a spell, and the one's from the second murder are the second part of the spell. However, and this is disturbing, the spell still isn't complete. It's some sort of summoning spell, you can tell that now from some of the text's you've reviewed in the Institutes's library, but it only looks like the first third of a summoning spell.[/sblock]

Friadoc
[sblock]The cultist from the library was called Lyonel Bors, though there's very little information on him. It is known that he was a member of a group called The Secret Masters of Thoth, a cult of necromancers and demon summoners with cells all over the country. Very little is known about the cult, other than the fact that they're willing to do anything to get ancient, Egyptian artifacts and scrolls.[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=Falkus]I'll take it you mean that the two photographs together comprise the first third of the spell. By that, I'll take it that there are another four murders on the horizon? I just want to make sure that I have it straight before I go IC with it.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Nick looks at the second set of photograph's and closes his eyes at the sight of the butchered young girl. That's somebody's daughter, he thinks to himself. He thought of his own daughter, and was thankful that he'd been able to spend a little time with her this past month. But this girl... the images stayed with him as he passed the pictures around, but the face had changed in his mind. Chills shot up hi spine as he tried to force the images from his mind, but they were persistent. He knew he wouldn't be sleeping tonight.

"Four more,"
he said finally. "There are going to be at least four more. Those two comprise the first third of a summoning spell. That means it'll be complete after four more murders, and then Akhentanen will be back. Except this time, he'll probably be more than just a skeleton."

Nick looks at the director. "Where are we supposed to start?"

iwatt

First Post
In a soft voice, Larry asks "Anything connecting the sacrifices? Or are they just victims of opportunity? Are random people required for sacrifice, or is there something tying the old man and girl together."

Friadoc

Explorer
"No worries," says Cade to Larry. "It takes me longer to shower than it does to get here."

After listening more to the Director, Cade looks over to Nick and asks, "So, who's Akil?"

"Has their been any movement with the Secret Masters of Thoth since we stopped their last party?" Cade asks, but it's possible he is just thinking outloud as he checks OSIRS, too.

OOC

Research +5

industrygothica

Adventurer
Friadoc said:
After listening more to the Director, Cade looks over to Nick and asks, "So, who's Akil?"

Research +5

"I don't know," Nick replies. "But I can find out."

ooc: Research +15, take 20 if possible, for a total check of 35.

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
Stanfield shook his head. "There's absolutely nothing connecting the two victims, the police have managed to determine that much to do. What I want yoou to do is-" and then his cellphone rang, interrupting him.

He raised it up to his head. "Stanfield here. Agent Lear, what progress have you made on getting. Oh, I see. Where?" he typed something into his computer terminal. "I understand, I'm briefing them now."

He sighed, and ended the call. "They just found another body, near the corner of West Ohio and Franklin Streets."

A grim intensity was visible on his face. "You're going to liaise with the police on this one. Z's set up false identies for you as FBI agents specializing in cult crimes. You'll work with the police, find the killers, and put an end to this. Find the bastard responsible, and kill him. Ryker's got an appropriate vehicle and suits for you."

Z started handing out badges and FBI identification. "I've inserted your names into the FBI database. It'll fool the local cops if they check it, but don't try to use it to bluff a real FBI agent or a member of a conspiracy with access to government files. I didn't have much time to make this rock solid."

Friadoc
[sblock]There's been no unusual activity in known Secret Masters cells. In fact, any sort of activity is generally unusual. The cult, founded a few years ago, had been classified has harmless, made up of the usual losers and dropouts who find themselves attracted to devil worship. The only abnormality was there insistence on acquiring Egyptian artifacts, which were then shipped to an unknown person. It was only in the last few months that their attempts to acquire them stepped up to include theft and murder, as well as actually performing genuine necromantic and fiendish rituals. Your adventure in the museum and the events that led up to it have been their most blatant activity to date.[/sblock]

industry
[sblock]Akil is an ancient Egpytian name, so there's a lot of results. You can set up the database to search for any connections with Akhentanen in both public records and the Institute 'real history' files, but it'll take a few hours before you get your results back.[/sblock]

Remove ads