• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Chicago Ripper

industrygothica

Adventurer
Falkus said:
industry
[sblock]Akil is an ancient Egpytian name, so there's a lot of results. You can set up the database to search for any connections with Akhentanen in both public records and the Institute 'real history' files, but it'll take a few hours before you get your results back.[/sblock]

And that is what exactly what Nick will do, and he'll hit up Cade to set something up so that the search results will be sent to him remotely when they're in, if he's not back in the office by that time.

"Let's go get the bastard," Nick says to the group, not even flinching at the director's blatant orders of "find him and kill him." Nick seems more than willing to oblige.

Friadoc

Explorer
oO At least I don't have to come up with an excuse Oo thinks Cade as the Director lays out the mission objectives.

"Yes, sir, I wanted to be a Fed when I was a kid," says Cade as he takes the FBI ID and Badge, however he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a RFID 'key' and hands it to 'Z'. "We're not gonna have time to get the sword, think you could do it?"

"It's, umm, on a plaque near my bedroom door," says Cade, who almost blushes at the vainglorious location of the sword. But, Cade quickly covers with a wink and a quip. "By the way, my cat's named Selina and if you don't scratch her behind the ear she might make you trip a piece of hell."

With a look at Nick, Cade comments on the Doc's intensity, "That's our job, Doc, find what goes bump in the night and bump back. Hard!"

iwatt

First Post
"OK, is theer anyhting special I need to know about this Akil guy. And before we leave, I think we'll need some stuff to take down these bastards. Last cultist we killed turned into Akhentanen. You know, we'll need something to bump back. Guns seemed to work on aliens and nano-freaks, but we'll probably need something better for this one."

As they continue planning Larry will ask Z were they can find clothes appropriate for G-men. "I've got an appropriate suit, and Meredith ought to have some functional clothes from her reporting days. The Doc will be better off pretending to be the proffesor he so clearly looks like. That leaves Diego and Cade, who'd definitely need to embrace what passes for FBI haute-coutoure." Turning to Cade he add, "By the way Cade. it might be best to keep the wisecracking down. The locals will be expecting arrogant and no-nonsense Fed's. Might as well give them what they're expecting."

OOC: Nice research check Nick :D

Friadoc

Explorer
"Well, if it's an animated skeleton like before, two kinds of special rounds for our sidearms would be beneficial," says Cade with a matter-of-fact tone. "Either blessed rounds or explosive rounds, I'd perfer a blessed explosive round, but I'd only suggest those rounds if you're pretty d@mn sure that you could keep a clear picture behind your target."

"Enspelled sidearms are pretty rare," continues Cade, "So the ammo makes more sense, plus they'd work on our ripper, too. Especially if he's all jumped up on spells."

However, at the end, Cade does fix Larry with a roguish grin, wink and chuckle, "Actually, I own six suits, one of which is an Armani, but I think Intitute issue will work for now." But, Cade does add, "No worries, though, I've worked with law enforcement and feds before, I'll dumb it down. Say, to an 850 combined, that should fit in just right."

industrygothica

Adventurer
iwatt said:
OOC: Nice research check Nick :D

ooc: Thanks. That's what I built him for. ;)

Nick heads out of the conference room to go meet with Ryker for their equipment. He'll also ask about any specialty equipment he may have, such as the ammunition Cade was talking about.

Falkus

Explorer
"I'll take care of it, no problem," Z promised, grabbing the key and smiling at Cade.

"Get out to the crime scene. I'll make sure the police know to expect you," Stanfield said. "Good luck."

Black suits that just screamed government agent were provided. The armory wasn't ready to issue explosive ammunition or any heavy weaponry just yet, though they were willing to give you each a magazine of blessed ammunition for whatever gun you wanted, and a flask of holy water for Meredith.

Outside, Ryker was climbing out of a black SUV. "Here you go. Government plates and registration. It's got police lights and siren, as well as a police radio. Investigation kit in the back. Good luck out there."

[sblock]Blessed ammo and weapons are considered to have a +1 enhancement for the purpose of bypassing the damage reduction of creatures with an alleigance to evil. It also makes all critical hits on those creatures automatically confirm.

I'm going to rule that covering the blade of a sword or other melee weapon with holy water makes it blessed for ten minutes.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith accepts a small pistol typical of a Federal agent, with a magazine of blessed shots. She brings her pride and joy too; the finely crafted sword awarded her at the completion of her combat training course...well ahead of schedule.

"Nick, we're going to need to know everything about this ritual. How many people are involved, anything unusual about timing...what sort of things can interrupt it."

Friadoc

Explorer
"Thanks, Z," Cade says as he heads off with the others. After a brief moment getting dressed, the young man looks the spitting image of what an FBI Agent should look.

With a magazine of blessed ammo slapped into his S&W 1076, Cade holsters the sidearm and nods to Ryker.

"Thanks," says Cade as he slides into the drivers seat. "Yeah, nice ride, much better than a minivan." With a half-smile, he adds, "You know, this is an emergency, I can run the lights and siren."

kinem

Adventurer
Diego seems pleased with the dark suit. "Chicago Ripper, meet the Latin lawman." He takes a blessed magazine for his Glock.

"Go for it" Diego says of Cade's suggestion. "I've always wanted to see how that looks - from the inside of the car."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads