• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Delphi Paradox

Shayuri

First Post
With a metallic ringing noise, Meredith draws her sword and backs away from the altar, looking around.

"Lets worry about it getting out once we're out ourselves. Judging from the number of bullets they shot, this thing doesn't go down easily."

Friadoc

Explorer
Cade quickly unpacks his weapons, he holsters the sidearm in a tactical rig on his right leg and tactically slings the rifle so that it rests in front of him and is easy to wring to bear on any foe.

"Larry, Diego, we're on the way to you," says Cade into his comms. "Keep your eyes peeled for something big and nasty!"

With a sly chuckle, Cade says, "Man, I wish all those people who said D&D wasn't practical right now."

"I'll take point, Mere the rear," says Cade as he moves to into position. "Doc, you call out directions and movement sensor hits from the center. Cover Mere and I as needed, okay?"

Once everyone looks ready, Cade will move out holding his rifle, ready for action.

OOC

Quick point of order, just so we're clear on it, Cade's weapons are setup per below.

The rifle is loaded up with WP rounds and the sidearm is loaded up with the blessed rounds.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Nick takes up his heaviest weapon and nods. "Just get us out of here quick."

[sblock=ooc]I don't remember what sort of weapons he has since we've restocked at the institute, so you'll have to help me out here.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
The roar startles Diego, and seems to snap him out of his reverie.

"What the fukk is that?" he demands of the walls.

He draws his Glock, and replaces the magazine, preferring to try the blessed rounds against what he can only guess could be a supernatural threat.

iwatt

First Post
"Sweetheart, it seems we're gonna party. Don't try anything stupid, and I promise I won't feed you to the big nasty coming our way. Mace, cover us while we wait for Joker and the others." Drawing his gun, he keeps a cold glare on Dorine. No point loosing sight that they already had a monster to control.

Falkus

Explorer
I don't remember what sort of weapons he has since we've restocked at the institute, so you'll have to help me out here.

OOC: I believe Nick still has his Glock 17 loaded with blessed Ammo.

As Cade, Nick and Meredith exited the main chamber, they heard a scream coming from one of the other entrance tunnels. A blip appeared on the motion detector, but quickly disappeared. The creature was behind them somewhere.

"What are you doing? We have to leave now!" Dorine shouted at Diego and Larry. "That things going to kill us like to killed those Soviet soldiers unelss we get out of here!"

Friadoc

Explorer
"Switch up, Mere," says Cade to Meredith and Nick. "I've got rearguard, seems our friend is behind us. I'll drop the route back to the guys on your PDA and Nick's."

With that, Cade slings his rifle so so that the barrel rests tactically in the crook of his left arm, so that he can bring the weapon to bear on a target, but still see his own PDA, which is in his left hand.

Shayuri

First Post
"If it's behind us, then we should both be here," Meri says tensely.

"You can shoot it, but when it closes the distance I'll try to hold it off and give you a few more shots."

She pauses, then adds, "Shoot for the legs. Maybe it'll slow it down even if it doesn't kill it."

Friadoc

Explorer
"Don't worry," says Cade as he moves to the rear. "I'm not tyring to protect the girl."

Cade continues, as the group moves forward, "With your at the front, it'll give the Doc and I open ground to shoot without worrying about hitting you."

"If it makes it through our field of fire," says Cade with a chuckle. "Then you can get all Buffy on his a$$. Promise."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads