• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Delphi Paradox

Shayuri

First Post
Meri starts loading up, and is still apparently a bit surprised to find out how much she can carry. Despite her smaller frame and considerably less muscle mass, she's carrying fully as much or more as Cade.

As she shoulders equipment she asks, "So what's the plan here? We just stroll up to the entrance and file the lock off? Any theories about what we'll face?"

Friadoc

Explorer
"Once we're close enough to scout out the base, I'll have a better idea," says Cade as he gears up. "But, once we figure out how to gain entry we'll search the base, either as a whole or in groups no smaller than 2."

"As for what we'll face..." Cade shakes his head. "...I've no idea, hopefully their efforts laid waste to any foes and only fear has kept them out."

"Although my money is on whatever fielded those bodies that turned into sand," adds Cade.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"I'm sure it'll be an adventure, whatever it is," Nick says.

[sblock=Falkus]So, did Nick's hawk familiar find a way to make it with them, or is he just stuck out?[/sblock]

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: Yes, your familiar made it with you.

The team started to move over the rough and snowy terrain, it was slow going, even with the snowshoes. An hour later, and the geiger counters started to indicate the presence of heavy radiation, prompting the team to seal the suits and switch to the O2 reserves. Fifteen minutes later, and they arrived on top of a hill over looking the remains of the base.

Fedorov had described it as hell on earth. If anything, he was understating the situation. Pools of radioactive of toxic waste littered the landscape, in the midst of the barrels that once contained the pollutants. They cast a surreal glow over the landscape, making the remains of the base seem even more alien than the surrounding landscape. A grim legacy to the poor environmental standard of the old Soviet Union.

Only two buildings remain standing, the others lost to time or buried. According to the maps provided by Boris, the larger one is the old surface headquarters, while the other contains the freight elevator used to transport large cargo into the base.

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
"Nice," says Cade as he looks the site over from a distance. "And to think I worry about my gas mileage."

With a shake of his head, Cade gives the area a better look over and tries to come up with the best plan to search the place.

"If we hit the cargo area first," suggest Cade. "The security will be less and there could be a storage depot there."

OOC

Sorry for the delay in reply, life is life right now and I can't say much more than that.

Sorry.

Anyhow, if there is any intel in our notes and thoughts that would point us elsewhere, then I'm all for it, but I think the cargo area might be best..first...to search.

Falkus

Explorer
Carefully, the team picked their way through the radioactive and toxic waste. The suits were effective, but it was best not to test them by taking a dip in the stuff.

The doors of the freight elevator had rusted shut a long time ago, but time had also provided an additional entrance in the form of a collapsed wall. The freight elevator itself was a large, heavy, metal affair that had apparently been welded in place over the shaft. Old power lines ran from the building to a no longer existing generator room.

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith walks around the elevator housing and peers through the crumbling wall dubiously.

"I dunno guys...not only does it not have power, but I'm not really eager to be climbing through rubble and cut the suit open by mistake."

On sudden impulse she examines the collapsed wall, trying to get a feel for how it collapsed and why. She then starts scanning her eyes over the ground.

(Don't have the necessary Tracking feat, but basically she wants to see if she can tell if there's any signs of footprints, claw marks, shearing or tearing that couldn't be explained by just metal fatigue or structural collapse...etc. )

Remove ads