• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter The Killing Jar

TomServo

First Post
I think that's an Alternity multiplier, but I'm not sure. And since the secondary cnidocyte is a template, depending on the base creature, it could very well get multiple attacks. As far as the tentacles go, I just assumed those were essentially it's "sensory organs." Plus, with that nasty disease it causes, it just didn't need anything more. :D

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
I don't know...sensory organ doesn't sound too nice either. A modifier makes more sence.

Thanks again for all the hard work. I'm milling over the module right now. I have been going to all the websites it suggests as helpful aids. Unfortuately, I could not get the old Hoffmann Institute page to come up. I was hoping to look at some of the fun information they had put together for the game. I'm going to try the cached pages from a google search next.

Cover me...I'm goin' in.

fenzer

I was able to find a small community still going here. Not much activity going on there unfortunately.

Last edited:

jonrog1

First Post
Never ran Killing Jar, although it is on my bookshelf. I'll take a look at it this weekend.

By the way, did you email me for the "Cattle Mutilatons" notes? Someone did, and I carelessly lost the email.

fenzer

No I did not. I would not mind a copy if you are up for sharing.

How are you handling the FX in your modern games?

Also, I haven't heard much lately about your web site. When will you have it up and running?

TomServo

First Post
Fenzer,; I'm currently working on converting the Dark Matter FX to d20, using the system set out in Universal FX as a guidline. (I'm roughly halfway through) When I'm done I'll post it here.

Clumsy Bob

First Post
I played the killing jar using the alternity system. I created a few files for use in the game which you are more than welcome to. I also have various other files and reports from my dark mattter campaign that I can email you if you want (warning large fle sizes) let me know.
Also if you get the chance, take a look at the final church adventure 'web of evil' IMO better than the killing jar. That gives me an idea to run it in d20M!.

Cheers

Bob

fenzer

Bob, Tom thanks. I appreciate your willingness to help out. My game is probably about a month or so away yet so I haven't been hustling on this.

Bob, I tried to find the Final Church but the links lead nowhere. The Wizards library link is broken and all I can find is a table of contents at the "official" web page. Can you get a copy anywhere, pdf or otherwise? Is there one out there?

NOTE: It looks like I found the ESD at a site, svgames.com. They want $10.00 for the download.

fenzer

Man, I love these boards! No where else can you get the kind of help you find here. Nor will you find a better community.

I just want to thank Clumsy Bob, TomServo, and a member named John, sorry, I didn't get your alias, for offering up all your hard work and property. Your efforts have really paid off. Thank you very much.

I am sorry to say that it may be a minute before I can offer a modest repayment and let you know how my Killing Jar is going. A friend of mine as just finished a conversion of Lord of the Rings to 3.5 and we will be testing that for a while. Hopefully I can get these fantasy-heads to play a little Modern. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again everyone for your interest and your help.

Remove ads