• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter The Killing Jar

jonrog1

First Post
TomServo said:
Fenzer,; I'm currently working on converting the Dark Matter FX to d20, using the system set out in Universal FX as a guidline. (I'm roughly halfway through) When I'm done I'll post it here.

Huh, I was actually working on a universal FX system. What's your source, save ma whackload of trouble.

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
Sorcica, thanks for the link. It looks interesting, especially some of the prestige classes. I appreciate the help.

fenzer

Well gang, we played last night and had a great time. My wife played some D&D with me a long time ago and hadn't wanted to play again until recently. She was nervous to start but jumped right into things and did a great job.

The conversion of The Killing Jar has been a breeze and Tom your conversion of the Tertiary Cnidocyte worked flawlessly. Thank you. For all the other NPCs, I used those found in the d20 Modern core rules book. I ordered the Menace Manual but the dern thing didn't show up in time. I can't wait to get my hands on the thing.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know how things went and that it would have gone a lot worse without your help. Thanks a bunch.

SJ

Explorer
menace manual?

I consider Killing Jar one of my favorite mods of all time. Ever.

Fenzer, I'd like to run KJ again using d20 Modern, how much help would the menace manual be? Between that and the new FX system ref'd above would that be a pretty clean conversion?

i don't have menace manual, but I'd buy it just for the Dark*Matter stuff.

fenzer

SJ,

If you are a Dark*Matter fan and use d20 Modern,the Menace Manual is a must.

All, I can say is with the help form these guys on this thread, the conversion has been flawless. Take advantage of what they have offered. Have fun and let me know how your conversion/game go.

Clumsy Bob

First Post
fenzer said:
Well gang, we played last night and had a great time. My wife played some D&D with me a long time ago and hadn't wanted to play again until recently. She was nervous to start but jumped right into things and did a great job.

The conversion of The Killing Jar has been a breeze and Tom your conversion of the Tertiary Cnidocyte worked flawlessly. Thank you. For all the other NPCs, I used those found in the d20 Modern core rules book. I ordered the Menace Manual but the dern thing didn't show up in time. I can't wait to get my hands on the thing.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know how things went and that it would have gone a lot worse without your help. Thanks a bunch.

The least you can do to thanks us is to post a report on how your game played out ;)

Bob

PS The Menace Manual is a fine book, it even exapnds upon the descriptions given in previous Dark Matter supplements such as Men in Black.

Wraith Form

Explorer
SJ said:
i don't have menace manual, but I'd buy it just for the Dark*Matter stuff.
MenMan (as I like to call it) is, quite frankly, an essential purchase IMHO. I almost forgive WotC for all the crap they've put out just because they released MenMan...an absolutely beautiful piece of work.

Highly recommended!

fenzer

Bob, we played a couple of games and had great fun. It would seem my wife's character can drive just fine while under attack but she can't seem to hold her own making a high speed turn.

She has yet to fire a gun but thought real hard about it against an angry pawn shop owner.

Anyway, we haven't played in a while. I'm hoping to change this soon.

Thanks for the interest.

Remove ads