• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter to D20 Modern?

Ranger REG

Explorer
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
I've yet to see a D20 Modern Man in Black, not even in the Menace Manual...
I wonder if they can. If anything it has to vary slightly from the known MIB (the Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones movie based on a comic book), or they face legal action. What is D*M version of MIB?

Katowice

Explorer
The MIB RPG by WEG was actually d6 System, not Masterbook. I have the introductary boxed set. If you have MIB, you can dig around WoTC's website for the conversion rules that JD Wiker made up for converting Star Wars d6 to d20. That should work fine.

Golem2176 said:
Well there was the MIB rpg by West End Games. I think it was part of the Masterbook system...

Katowice

Explorer
There's a decent Alternity-to-d20 conversion of the Dark*Matter Campaign Setting located at this site:

http://wingsandsword.home.insightbb...ion_project.htm

slingbld said:
I am realy interested in converting the Alternity game of Dark*Matter over to the D20 Modern rules set. My players are firm D20/ D20 Modern players & are not interested in learning the Alternity system.

Has anyone done or started a covnersion of these two systems??

Ranger REG said:
I wonder if they can. If anything it has to vary slightly from the known MIB (the Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones movie based on a comic book), or they face legal action. What is D*M version of MIB?
The Men in Black legend has very little to do with the Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones movie. I can't imagine this would have kept them from making a MIB critter in the Menace Manual.

shadowlight

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
The Men in Black legend has very little to do with the Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones movie. I can't imagine this would have kept them from making a MIB critter in the Menace Manual.
Absolutely.

MiB were also a fairly key "menace" in Dark Matter, but totally different from what was presented in the MiB movie. A great example is in Anger of Angels by Monte Cook (2 thumbs up by the way).

Ranger REG

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
So, are you disappointed that the mini-game and/or Menace Manual do not include information about Men In Black organization? We could ask Wizards and/or Paizo to make a follow-up article on the organization, or you could submit material.

Ranger REG said:
So, are you disappointed that the mini-game and/or Menace Manual do not include information about Men In Black organization? We could ask Wizards and/or Paizo to make a follow-up article on the organization, or you could submit material.
Not really, but I'm not the one who brought that up. I'm just saying that Men in Black have an existance as part of the "new legendarium" that's completely independent of the movie. I don't see how the movie could have affected their ability to include a MIB critter, especially if they take the tack that MIBs are some kind of alien construct who are working on the alien's behalf, not humanity's.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads