Dark Tides, Cold Steel

Gomez

First Post
Zandrick:
[sblock]The hobgoblins appear to be only interested in food and drink at the moment. Though their leader seems to be keeping an eye out on the patrons of the tavern. [/sblock]


After a few minutes, one of the hobgoblins gets up from the table and he moves over to the bar next to Kharos and he tries to get the bartender's attention by holding up a empty mug. In his waving about he bumps into Kharos and spills his stew on the bar. The hobgoblin lets out a deep laugh at the sight. "You should be more careful with your food." he says. Throwing some copper on the bar he yells at the bartender. "A bone for this one to chew on!"
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Bront

The man with the probe
Zandrick doesn't like the direction this is taking. He keeps a keen eye on the shifter and hobgoblin. If possable, he might possition a chair so the Hobgoblin is likely to trip on it if he returns to his table, but otherwise he keeps his wits sharp, and is ready to leap up if trouble should start.*

ooc
[sblock]Ready action to move towards the men/interpose myself between the men and say something. Could be quite entertaining.[/sblock]
 

Verbatim

Explorer
The races of men follow the rules of Balinor, even when they are not aware they do so. Those who feel strong will seek to dominate the weak, those who are weak will cower from the strong, but we must maintain the balance at all time. Do not rise to the pettiness of man, but thrive to master the eternal hunt. That is the way of Balinor, that is the path we must always follow...

Kharos looked at the wasted stew and sighed. While he had assumed one of the hobgoblins would seek someone out to make a show of strength against, why did it have to cost him a portion of his meal?

As the copper hit the table, Kharos brought the final spoonful to his mouth and savored the taste. While the meat had been a little tough, more than likely it was rat being passed off as beef, it had been his first hot meal in nearly three weeks.

"You should be more careful with your arm, lest I mistake it for my meal..."
 

Gez

First Post
That was a fine repartee, thought Nil. He wondered what would happen next. At least, if a bar brawl happened, he knew which side he'd chose, the shifter had a sense of humor that was sorely lacking in the goblinoid brutes.
 

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The nameless warforged watched the exchange with some trepidation. Such things tended to lead to fights, and fights led to violence, and violence led to him getting involved. This was going to be messy.

He moved his heavy pick into easier reach as he waited for the other boot to drip, as the humans said. Or at least that's what he thought they said.
 

Gomez

First Post
The hobgoblin looks down at Kharos. "I am sorry friend. I just spoke in jest. Let me by you a drink." With that he drops some more copper on the bar. "A ale for my friend."

Zandrick [sblock] You spot the hobgoblin at the bar palming a dagger in his left hand behind his back.[/sblock]

Nil [sblock] You notice the hobgoblins at the table are making wagers amongst themeselves.[/sblock]
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Zandric shifts his weight and and quietly draws a dager under the table, moving the chari just enough so he can now move without hitting his legs on the table. Zandrick calls out to the Hobgoblin "Too cheap to buy him a real meal then? I'm sure you could use a bone to chew on yourself," Zandrick grins "though it looks like you prefer finger food."


OOC:[sblock]Diplomacy (+12) to anger the Hobgoblin, hoping to draw his ire. Hopefully, this will also get much of the focus on him, making it harder for him to keep the dagger hidden. Meanwhile, Zandrick will be ready to throw the dagger if the Hobgoblin moves to strike the shifter.

And no, this is not the dumb idea I origionaly had. Could still be dumb thought ;).[/sblock]
 

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The nameless warforged looks back at the fight, then turns back to the barkeeper briefly. Most people didn't ignore a warforged of his size and stature.

"I seek work," he repeats in a grating voice, trying to keep one eye on the developing conflict between the hobgoblin and the shifter.
 

Gomez

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
The nameless warforged looks back at the fight, then turns back to the barkeeper briefly. Most people didn't ignore a warforged of his size and stature.

"I seek work," he repeats in a grating voice, trying to keep one eye on the developing conflict between the hobgoblin and the shifter.


The barkeep is also eyeing the potential trouble between the shifter and the hobgoblin. He glances over the warforge. "I might know someone looking for a strong back and a steady hand. Wait a minute." The barkeep moves down the bar infront of Kharos and the hobgoblin. In a loud voice he says. "Hey! I don't want any trouble in my place! If'n your wantin to scap take it ouside." He points to the muddy street.
 

Gomez

First Post
The hobgoblin at the bar glances over at Zandric and then to the hobgoblins at the table. The lead hobgoblin lets out a deep laugh and yells out. "Turl! What are you doing to do now? Back down like the cur you are?"

The hobgoblin at the bar, Turl snarls and says. "My blade is hungry. Come on then I will take the both of you on!" He stares at Zandric and Kharos. "I am not afraid of the like of you!"

The buzz of the crowd increases as bets start to be made.
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top