Dark Tides, Cold Steel

Gez

First Post
Nil says « esteemed patrons, haven't you heard the barkeep? He don't want any... destructive... behavior in his establishment. Mister Turl, will you bite more than you can chew just because you're goaded around by someone who won't soak up the blows for you? Grow a spine. »

[OOC: Diplomacy check (d20+11) to calm them.

If this doesn't work, and combat erupts nonetheless, Nil draws his blade and curses either Turl (if he's the only fighting hobgoblin) or the hobgoblin leader (otherwise), and attack the cursed hobgoblin. He'll try to deal nonlethal damage, taking the -4 penalty on his attack rolls (for an attack score of +2 or +0/+0), unless he's inflicted 6 or more lethal damage; in which case he considers it a no holds barred fight.]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Bront

The man with the probe
Gomez said:
The hobgoblin at the bar glances over at Zandric and then to the hobgoblins at the table. The lead hobgoblin lets out a deep laugh and yells out. "Turl! What are you doing to do now? Back down like the cur you are?"

The hobgoblin at the bar, Turl snarls and says. "My blade is hungry. Come on then I will take the both of you on!" He stares at Zandric and Kharos. "I am not afraid of the like of you!"

The buzz of the crowd increases as bets start to be made.

"But apparently you are, else you wouldn't have to try to sneak your weapon and strike at the good man there." Zandrick quips. "But it's no matter. I have no need to fight you. If you need to fight me to impress your firends, then perhaps you need new friends. Of course, if you're here looking for work, like many here are, I'm sure you've made a fine impression on any potential employers."

Zandrick flips Turl a silver "Sit down and have a drink on me. And put your weapons back it's your sheath where it belongs." Zandrick smiles.

OOC: [sblock]Still ready to throw if need be, but if he puts away his weapon, I'll put my dagger back[/sblock]
 

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The nameless warforged was curious about the shifter. Most fleshy ones of his type seemed to be impulsive, and angry words seemed to lead to angry actions. Yet this one was using words as a kind of weapon, how curious. He was certain some subtlties were being lost on him, but it was an interesting display. Distractedly he nearly missed the barkeepers response to his query, and remembered to nod in agreement at the last moment.
 

Gomez

First Post
The hobgoblin at the bar looks around and then stares at the Shifter who just ignores him. He then turns to the bartender and says. "Ale!" He then takes his drink back to his table and the group of hobgoblins begins to drink, eat, and talk. The rest of the room noticeably relaxes and the buzz of conversation returns to normal.

The barkeep returns to the Warforged and he leans in to say something. "You look like your can handle yourself in a scrap. I might know someone who is look'n to hire a few steady men for a job."
 

Bront

The man with the probe
Zandrick smiles and subtlely sheaths his dagger. He continues to finish up his meal. He thinks to himself 'I can only hope that exchange sticks in the mind of a potential employer. Hopefully that barmaid will have some good news for me.'
 


Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Gomez said:
The hobgoblin at the bar looks around and then stares at the Shifter who just ignores him. He then turns to the bartender and says. "Ale!" He then takes his drink back to his table and the group of hobgoblins begins to drink, eat, and talk. The rest of the room noticeably relaxes and the buzz of conversation returns to normal.

The barkeep returns to the Warforged and he leans in to say something. "You look like your can handle yourself in a scrap. I might know someone who is look'n to hire a few steady men for a job."
The nameless warforged nods with a bit more animation. "I was made to fight, and I have done it very well. I would indeed be interested. But I am only one. The shifter, he seems calm as well as strong. Maybe he might be another you wish to consider," he says politely, gesturing to the man in question.
 

Gomez

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
The nameless warforged nods with a bit more animation. "I was made to fight, and I have done it very well. I would indeed be interested. But I am only one. The shifter, he seems calm as well as strong. Maybe he might be another you wish to consider," he says politely, gesturing to the man in question.

"Yer right but I already asked him and he turned me down. There is a brown coach with 4 cream colored horses just down the street. Tell the driver that Harraga sent ya. He will take you to meet with someone looking to hire your services." says the barkeep to Nameless.
 

Gomez

First Post
One of the tavern wenches places an ale at Nil's table. Nil hadn't ordered one and was about to say something when he notices the piece of folded parchment under the mug. Opening it up it reads in common.


If you are looking employment, please walk down the street towards the harbor. You will see a carriage with 4 cream colored horses. Give this note to the driver and he will take to meet with a possible employer.
 

Gomez

First Post
A pretty barmaid plops herself into Zandrick lap with a laugh. "Looking for some fun?" she says and gives him a playful nibble on the ear. As she does so she whispers in his ear.

"Down the street is a carriage. If your looking for work, I would suggest you get in it."

She then stands up and says with a pout. "Well I guess next time!" and she dances away.
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top