Darkfuries Floorplans (Inns & Taverns)

drnuncheon

Explorer
A couple of questions for anyone who's bought the product...

1) If you print out the maps at the 1" = 5' size, how big do they usually wind up being? I'd be using my ancient laser printer (LaserWriter IIG) so it'd be on 8.5x11 sheets.

2) If they're at 1"=5', how do they look? Is it an odd resizing or are the graphics sharp?

And the killer question...
3) I don't have a Windows box, and they're .exe format. Anyone know if there's a Mac tool that will open a Windows self-extracting archive? Failing that, is there a place where I can get them in a nomal .zip format?

I'd like to download the demos, but they're .exes as well...

J

jujutsunerd

Explorer
drnuncheon said:
3) I don't have a Windows box, and they're .exe format. Anyone know if there's a Mac tool that will open a Windows self-extracting archive? Failing that, is there a place where I can get them in a nomal .zip format?

Well, at least on windows (and cygwin, which is kind of unix-like) it works to simply unzip the exe file (i.e. I just tried it.)

/Jonas

drnuncheon

Explorer
Re: Re: Darkfuries Floorplans (Inns & Taverns)

jujutsunerd said:

Well, at least on windows (and cygwin, which is kind of unix-like) it works to simply unzip the exe file (i.e. I just tried it.)

/Jonas

Thanks! I guess I'll give it a try with the demo when I get home.
(Can't mail large attachments from work, otherwise I'd just get it from here and mail it home.)

J

drnuncheon

Explorer
Well, I was able to get it. Unfortunately, the single inn in the Demo section has a rather strange scaling - the 5' squares are something like .63 of an inch, which makes it look rather ugly when printed out at the 5' = 1" setting for 3e miniatures use.

Does anyone know if this scaling strangeness persists throughout the product? If so I think I'll pass - my primary motivation was to save time on drawing maps for my PCs, but if I have to fiddle around with scaling everything before printing and it looks bad anyway...

J

Remove ads