• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darkfuries Floorplans (Inns & Taverns)

drnuncheon

Explorer
A couple of questions for anyone who's bought the product...

1) If you print out the maps at the 1" = 5' size, how big do they usually wind up being? I'd be using my ancient laser printer (LaserWriter IIG) so it'd be on 8.5x11 sheets.

2) If they're at 1"=5', how do they look? Is it an odd resizing or are the graphics sharp?

And the killer question...
3) I don't have a Windows box, and they're .exe format. Anyone know if there's a Mac tool that will open a Windows self-extracting archive? Failing that, is there a place where I can get them in a nomal .zip format?

I'd like to download the demos, but they're .exes as well...

J

jujutsunerd

Explorer
drnuncheon said:
3) I don't have a Windows box, and they're .exe format. Anyone know if there's a Mac tool that will open a Windows self-extracting archive? Failing that, is there a place where I can get them in a nomal .zip format?

Well, at least on windows (and cygwin, which is kind of unix-like) it works to simply unzip the exe file (i.e. I just tried it.)

/Jonas

drnuncheon

Explorer
Re: Re: Darkfuries Floorplans (Inns & Taverns)

jujutsunerd said:

Well, at least on windows (and cygwin, which is kind of unix-like) it works to simply unzip the exe file (i.e. I just tried it.)

/Jonas

Thanks! I guess I'll give it a try with the demo when I get home.
(Can't mail large attachments from work, otherwise I'd just get it from here and mail it home.)

J

drnuncheon

Explorer
Well, I was able to get it. Unfortunately, the single inn in the Demo section has a rather strange scaling - the 5' squares are something like .63 of an inch, which makes it look rather ugly when printed out at the 5' = 1" setting for 3e miniatures use.

Does anyone know if this scaling strangeness persists throughout the product? If so I think I'll pass - my primary motivation was to save time on drawing maps for my PCs, but if I have to fiddle around with scaling everything before printing and it looks bad anyway...

J

Remove ads