Darkmagic vs. Do'Urden - Watch Friday's Night's Acquisition's, Inc. Game!

Friday night's two-plus hour live Acquisitions, Inc. game at PAX Prime is now available for your watching delight. Chris Perkins, dressed ... interestingly ... runs the Rage of Demons adventure in front of a live audience. The players were Mike Krahulik (playing the wizard Jim Darkmagic), Jerry Holkins (playing the half-elf Omin Dran), Scott Kurtz (playing the dwarf Binwin Bronzebottom), and Patrick Rothfuss (playing the rogue Viari). In the runup to it, it was billed as "Darkmagic vs. Drizzt Do’Urden".

Friday night's two-plus hour live Acquisitions, Inc. game at PAX Prime is now available for your watching delight. Chris Perkins, dressed ... interestingly ... runs the Rage of Demons adventure in front of a live audience. The players were Mike Krahulik (playing the wizard Jim Darkmagic), Jerry Holkins (playing the half-elf Omin Dran), Scott Kurtz (playing the dwarf Binwin Bronzebottom), and Patrick Rothfuss (playing the rogue Viari). In the runup to it, it was billed as "Darkmagic vs. Drizzt Do’Urden".

[video=youtube;LA3VbDqj7C4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA3VbDqj7C4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I have a question about this exchange. Was the man who responded to the question implying that he did not need clarification? I suspect he is but his response is too emotional and irregular for me to be sure. I just wonder if there is something else going on that I might have missed.

Jerry named those characters years ago. Mike is just now getting that there is a play on words. Scott realized it shortly after he heard them.

Roger

First Post
Pretty amazingly epic:

beholder_apparatus.png

ChapolimX

Explorer
Doesn't Jim Darkmagic know he can't put an elf to sleep by magic? tsc, tsc... :p
By the way, best show ever!

Last edited by a moderator:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Always fun to watch them playing with Perkins DMing.

Thanks for the link. I'm on the east coast and tried to stay up and watch but I feel asleep and woke up when they were clapping at the end so I didn't get see the last hour or so until now.

And like in the past edition updates, I've always been curious to the stats for the heroes so hopefully they include Drizzt's stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

dalisprime

Explorer
The rules lawyer in me twitches nervously whenever they break the rules during the game (Prayer of healing is 10 minute cast time, beningn trasnposition is you and a friendly target, not a friendly target and someone else, bless has 3 targets unless cast at higher levels, rage grants resistance to damage, heavy armor mastery doesn't protect vs magical weapon damage, etc) but the games are always darn entertaining to watch. Bonus points for there not being a super powerful magical macguffin in use this time around - they always seem like Perkins's way of making sure the team doesn't get slaughtered by an enemy far too powerful for their level.

erwtenpeller

First Post
Well, you could say the spores of demonic madness where the mcguffin this time around.
Being the polar opposite of a rules lawyer myself, I find Perkins' quick, loose and fun style very inspiring!
So many ways to play the same game <3

Remove ads

Remove ads