• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

covaithe

Explorer
Seeing Morvannon step forward and Kamotz retreat, the guard relaxes a bit. He nods, "Yes, sir. One moment, please." He moves out of sight behind the wall for a moment before emerging with a small key that glints in the light of the bright lanterns positioned above each post of the gate. The guard quickly opens the door and steps back, gesturing Morvannon forward.

Surprise round

Grakk's charge hits him like a freight train. Only the guard's training and his heavy armor enables him to remain standing beneath the blow. Kamotz lands another blow a moment later.

For a moment the guards stand, frozen in surprise. Then they start shouting: "Alarm! Alarm! Intruders at the north gate!"

Kamotz and Vrrsk't react before the guards can move...

[sblock=ooc]Grakk's charge: 29 vs AC hits for 8 damage.

Kamotz charges too, 20 vs. AC hits for 8 damage.

Now we go to initiative: rolls
Grakk: 4
Kamotz: 20
Vrrsk't 19
Morvannon: 8
Vixo: 14
Magnus: 5

Guards: 14

Guards and Vixo tie, and both have the same modifier, so I'll roll again: guards win. So Kamotz and Vrrsk't are up.

The time at the temple counts as an extended rest, so everyone is full.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status and initiative]
  • Kamotz 31/31 hp, 9/9 surges
  • Vrrsk't 35/35 hp, 12/12 surges
  • Guard 1 16 damage
  • Guard 2
  • Vixo 38/38 hp, 9/9 surges
  • Morvannon 32/32 hp, 8/8 surges
  • Magnus 29/29 hp, 8/8 surges
  • Grakk 44/44 hp, 12/12 surges

Resources used:
None

[/sblock]

[sblock=enemy stats]Human guards: HP 47, AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14. BMA +10 vs. AC, 1d10+3 damage and target is marked TENT (guard)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
northgate01.png

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: He'd better be around; I'm judging his new game, and I'm sure as hell not DMing another right now! I'll NPC tomorrow. Suggested actions would be welcome.

CaBaNa

First Post
I'm not going to kill him, just teach him not to call me Fluffy. The shifter felt his flail connect, and decided to down the troublesome guard before moving for the house.

The three heads of his flail circling around again, Kamotz pulled with both arms to drive home the force of the blow. The guards leg took the full force of all three heads, hobbling him for a moment, just long enough for Grakk to disable the lackey.

He's right big guy, knock'em out. Kamotz barks to Grakk.

[sblock=OOC]
Kamotz is still here, sorry for the delay folks!

Free place both hands on Flail

Standard Righteous Brand on Guard 1, 23 vs AC hits, for 15 damage, and Grakk gains a power bonus to melee attack rolls against the target equal to 4 until the end of my next turn.

Minor Perception 21 (ignore the extra 0 I accidently added...)

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministat]
Kamotz Male
Longtooth Shifter Cleric lvl 2
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20 Low-light vision
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:10, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Sacred Flame
Righteous Brand
Longtooth Shifting (when bloodied)
Healing Strike
Second Wind
Healing Word
Channel Dvinity
Beacon of Hope

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
If roadtoad doesn't post in a couple days, I suggest someone in the party with experience in playing paladins take over Vrrsk't. I'd like to see the adventure moving again.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Speaking of playing a Paladin...

Since WotC debuted Hybrid Rules, I made Kamotz the way I originally intended him to act. As part leader, part defender, or Paladin|Cleric.

I can't wait for PHB3 to become legal, because if Kamotz is successful with his promotion, I plan to use it as a chance to swear Oath as a paladin of Lauto. Retire Kamotz as a cleric, and give Kamotz the Paladin|Cleric a chance at approval.

:excited dancing:

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads