• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

Oni

First Post
Magnus studied the spiraling silver serpent symbol that hung from the cord around his neck for a moment, then chucked it down the back of his ratty tunic. As soon as he had taken the action he suddenly cringed and glanced around as one expecting something horrible to jump out form the shadows. When nothing did he seemed to calm down a little, and trotted after the others to catch up.

covaithe

Explorer
The guards look at each other, clearly nervous. After a moment one of them speaks up. "Uh, your pardon, my lord. We, uh, weren't told to expect anyone tonight. But we'd be happy to take you inside. Your, uh, entourage will have to wait here, of course."

[sblock=Insight DC 15]It's not you they're afraid of.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The guards look at each other, clearly nervous. After a moment one of them speaks up. "Uh, your pardon, my lord. We, uh, weren't told to expect anyone tonight. But we'd be happy to take you inside. Your, uh, entourage will have to wait here, of course."

[sblock=skill check]
occ: insight roll: 1d20+1: 10
[/sblock]

Grakk smiles at the uneasy state of the guards. While continuing his menacing glare at the guards, he states to Kamotz in a stern whisper "Let's take them out so that we can take whoever is in there by surprise. It's obvious that they are afraid of us."

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock=Insight check]1d20+9=16[/sblock]

Morvannon recognizes that the guards are not afraid of them, but (presumably) of their employer. I'd better try to head this off before Grakk gets us all killed...

Fixing a haughty stare upon the guard, he assays a slight smile. "I said we were all travellers. Would you deprive us of the glory we seek at the Master's right hand? Come, let us enter into his presence."

[sblock=Diplomacy check]1d20+9=14
Bleah.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Morvannon recognizes that the guards are not afraid of them, but (presumably) of their employer. I'd better try to head this off before Grakk gets us all killed...

[sblock=ooc]
lol

I can't help it if grakk failed his insight saving throw. Someone please tell him quick.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
The guard shakes his head. "I'm sorry, sir. Orders are orders, y'know? I'm not authorized to receive... visitors... in such numbers without notice."

Both guards are on the other side of the wrought iron gate, which is still closed. The one that has been speaking to you is close, only a foot or two on the other side of the gate. The other is several paces back and to the side.

[sblock=ooc]Y'know, in case it matters.

Where's Vixo during all this? I seem to remember someone suggesting that he climb the wall himself rather than stay with the others. Is that happening, or is he with everyone else?
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz gets in conspiratorial range of the bars, and leans in to speak with the guard. Sir, orders are orders, and if you don't allow us bodyguards in, the master is going to devour our everlasting soul. Kamotz glances over his shoulder at Morvannon and Magnus, then pleadingly back at the guard.

[sblock=OOC]

a 6 on bluff... weak...

hey all sorry about the infrequency, should come back to normal daily posting now.

[/sblock]

Remove ads