Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
anyone up for a quick ritual? :lol: Just trying to get things moving along.
[/sblock]

Grakk looks around "I believe everyone is here now. Let's learn what we can from the dead one, then be on our way."

Oni

First Post
Eyes slowly lolling around under heavy brows, Magnus tugged on his unruly beard, contemplating the matter in his own curious fashion.

Hidey holes...too small for a man...yes...searched...did they look for a man...or something else... Else? What else of worth...the tome...perhaps...why...man or tome...and how did they know...where is it from...

He stopped his rambling a moment and cocked his head as if to listen, then his eyes began to grow wide.

Safeguards circumvented...reagents doubled...and only from simple haste...fear..., he gesticulated wildly as he spoke, what if...what if the reagents...100 times...a 1000 times more...what if they were souls that could not depart...could you call a godling themselves...they...failed to subvert the crypt...yes...they need another...door...

By now the crazed dwarf was pacing madly about the room.

Dead one...dead one...what can he tell us...does he know his part in the pattern...a fellow traveler...does he know of Zal'Ekthees...but...there is no time to waste...

[sblock=ooc]

Hurm, we're likely only to get 1 or 2 questions, so we better have some good ones. Anyone have any suggestions?

Then we can pack on over to this Donnervale House and check out the lay of the land?

Oh and what about transferring the enchantment, maybe best to assume it was taken care of during the downtime while Magnus studied?

[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon waits until he is sure that Magnus is finished, then spends a few moments parsing his speech. "Are you saying you think these cultists started out like that idiot in his basement, then summoned up Zal'Ekthees by accident?" Clapping his hand to his forehead, he walks in a tight circle, muttering under his breath. "Mother would be horrified by this place...no safeguards...no protocol..."

Gaining control of himself, he turns back to Magnus and Kamotz. "So how does this ritual work, precisely? Does the corpse just start talking, or do we have to ask it questions?"

CaBaNa

First Post
Depends on how the ritual goes, worst case I suppose we get no answer at all, best case, less questions than you could count on one hand. The dead are clever as well, so questions have to be worded "just so" as my initiator had explained... He said dad somehow found a way to circumvent the truth during questioning... I suspect a summoner could do the same. Kamtoz reflected on the kill first, questions later trial of his father. Or there is still a serial murderer stalking Bacarte.

RedBeardJim

First Post
"I think the most pertinent information we could get from the corpse is anything it knows about the people who attacked its house -- if they are actually Donnervales, if he knows how they learned of him....in that order. Beyond that, maybe ask what it knows about Zal'Ekthees."

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Are you guys all back from your holidays yet? I'm back to a "normal" schedule now, for what that's worth, and I'm getting the urge to move this forward.

Is the block in coming up with questions for the Varonus? To be honest, I'm not sure there's much more information to be gained from him. (Then again, I don't know what questions you plan to ask. Good questions could conceivably surprise some information out of me...) But if you guys are at a loss there, why don't we pass him by and move on? We can always come back to him later if you come up with something.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Getting close to a normal schedule again... Whatever that's worth.

After another week or so, all my CS should be updated, and I'll have a full understanding of the next years schedule. It is looking busy, but not so much that I'll miss out on anything here.

All my current games should be easy enough to keep up with, starting new things may be difficult.

That said, this adventure can probably move forward. Questioning the corpse will cost everyone some gold, I think we could skip it.

[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Hmm, yeah I think we should move onward to the Donnervale's, unless someone has come up with a real humdinger of a question. For me personally nothing is coming to mind that I think would be greatly beneficial. I mean if we think of something later, or have some new information, well it's not like he's going anywhere.

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I agree with CaBaNa and Oni. Let's go
[/sblock]

Grakk takes another look outside. It is pitch dark. Turning to Kamotz "It is as dark as it's going to get tonight. Let us take advantage of the shade in our approach to the mansion."

Remove ads