• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dawnforge] The Legends of the North - The Tomb of Frozen Dreams

Verlomi

First Post
"I will never get used to flying dwarves," Verlomi mutters to herself.

"I don't have an unlimited supply of psychic energy, so I'll ride on the...er... raft with Jyll," Verlomi says. "And Forgefly, I'm all in favor of you taking the lead. Who else is riding? Hisss?"

Verlomi reaches for a small bag off her belt and from it pulls a squeaking mouse. Her bag of holding gives a little shudder, but Verlomi holds the mouse out to Lady instead. "Good thing I thought to gather some of these before we came in here... Here you are Lady."

OOC: Verlomi will take a spot close to the front of the raft.

rear guard

"The three of us will take rear guard in the air. If anyone tries to sneak up on us we'll let everyone know." Lady takes the mouse from Verlomi with a chirup of thanks.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
With Hisss helping pole the boat along and guards on all sides, the Legends of the North press onward into the Tomb. Coldfire isn't limited by gravity, and in several places the airborne Delia, Edgar, and Lady duck spreads of coldfire curling up onto the ceiling, in addition to the rimefire radiance. Forgefly, with his complete immunity to cold, is far less affected.

The passages inside the Tomb are twisted and chaotic, apparently the product of natural forces. Even Delia concedes that this place was probably created normally at one point in time, but the forces of the land eventually infused it with intense cold magic. Whether this was intentional or unintentional is uncertain.

The Three White Crows chortle madly to themselves in the middle of the boat, practically bouncing up and down, even flapping together and fluffing out their feathers. Edgar gives them a very wide berth. The coldfire seems to give them a very wide berth.

As you penetrate deeper, Darvekis keeps his prying eyes on the lookout ahead and behind for additional trouble and to try to find any of the arcanists. But soon everyone is a little more distracted by the things on the walls than anything that might be sneaking up on them. Strange, half-seen visions of things just under the surface of the icy walls make for a disturbing journey. A flicker of a face. An enormous serpant swimming through the walls. A glimmering aura. The shining sweep of a blade.

You see occasionaly small icebergs floating in the river of coldfire, and as you turn down another twisting passage, you find yet another small iceberg. But this one has a passenger. A tiny little man with blue skin, pointed ears, wearing a slender hat and garmets of white, he crouches on the iceberg with no apparent discomfort. As he catches sight of you, his already enormous blue eyes grow huge with surprise. He bears no apparent weapons or talismans, wears no armor and has no recognizeable spell components at hand. He is apparently alone. You recognize his race, if not he himself. His is an uldra, one of the several types of cold fey.

"Yaseen! Cudallo imari y'uran! Sequo amar pullav?" he exclaims.

Those that speak Sylvan recognize his words to say (highlight if your character speaks Sylvan):
Outsiders! Here in this place! Are you sent to torment us further?

Jyll

First Post
Jyll

Jyll crouches behind Verlomi, with one eye on the crows and one eye on the visions in the walls. When she sees the uldra, she draws her bow. What the heck? she thinks. She doesn't speak Sylvan and is wary of what the uldra might do. Fey, in her opinion, are sneaky and not to be trusted. She waits for another party member to address the uldra.

Hisss

First Post
"I can't understand you!" (and this wouls be in yellow if my computer were cooperating)

Hisss has no idea what the strange blue man is saying, but reads the body language and lack of obvious weapons as not so much of a threat. He psionically focuses himself to gain speed of thought, and casts energy adaptation.

OOC: +20 resistance to cold for 10 minutes from energy adaptation

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The uldra looks at Hisss with what seems like annoyance, resignation, and a touch of fear.

"You are here to torment us! I knew it!" it exclaims in Common, digging its long nails into the iceberg.

"Yes, yes, yes we are! You know we'd come eventually," one of the Crows says suddenly, eyeing the uldra the way Edgar eyes a shiny object.

Hisss concentrates for a moment, a rush of coolness spreading upon its skin as he increases his body's resistance to the bitter arctic chill.

OOC: Hisss, do it like this: {color=yellow}Things you want to say.{/color} but use [] instead of {}.

Forgefly

First Post
Forgefly swoops down next to the wagon and glares at the crows.

I thought you were up to something, what's this all about?

He turns and eyes the strange little man, "What do you mean torment you?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The Crows just look back at Forgefly and grin in that disturbing manner that no normal avian could ever hope to manage.

"We've been up to nothing. Nothing at all. Not a single thing!" they crow delightfully.

"You! Outsiders! Or are you visions? Ghosts? Sent here to tormet us? What do you want? Why can't you leave us alone? We've already done what we're supposed to, why do you test us so?" he wails.

Remove ads