DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #1

Unicron818

First Post
Sammy Donaldson

The strange part was they were checking IDs and it looked like the A-M unit was scanning people.

"Oh, this is such crap!!" Sammy vented to Corey. "Dude, you look pretty bad, are you sure you're alright? You're white as a freakin' ghost! Why do look so scared? If anything you should be mad as all get out, no chicks and even though we ditched school, we still end up getting a stupid scan! Lets just get our ID's out so we can get away from these IDIOTS!!!" Sammy purposly projecting his voice into the direction of the tight knitted crowd. "I've never seen such a large group of 'adults' act like a bunch of whining kids! I seriously need to get to my car and hit the A/C, its hot, its cramped, and above all else its aggravating!!!"

"I knew this was a bad idea."

"Wow, you speak!! Sammy laughes in slight relief. "And of course it had to be I told you so."

As Sammy was pulling out his license his fingers slid off the lamination of license; melted thin plastic stuck to his index finger and thumb strained like pulled gum from your mouth in a long vertical bow from his wallet extending over his head reaching to his hand. Sammy's eyes widen.

Radiant

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Kyle finishes up with the desription and shakes his head as he files it away for the moment, turning his attention to the woman's partner, trying to recall all he could about him. The guy was slender, almost six foot with a lanky build, but he couldn't recall the guy's face beyond some wild black hair cut.

"I'm working an angle, but I don't suppose you two remember the two feds that came to the school last year for the law enforcement fair? I'm having trouble remembering his face and name." Kyle says with a disgruntled sigh as he racks his memory. "I got his partner down pat, but figured it might be easier to try him. You guys remember anything?"

"No sorry, he wasn't my type. Just too old for me."

Jen sits back, tries to relax and think of what else they might do until see she's the next transformation. This time she manages to stay in her seat and the only reaction is a sharp breath.

"Well, at least it's not me this time."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds HP 2/2

Kyle said:
"I got his partner down pat, but figured it might be easier to try him. You guys remember anything?"

"Nahh, I don't remember anything about him," Lorenzo replied. "I think I may have talked to the woman but I don't remember. It wasn't really a life changing event for me, ya know?"

Lorenzo continued his drive to Kyle's uncle's house, internally trying to put the whole experience behind him. Instead, he turned his attention to the beautiful girl in the front seat of his car.

"So, Jennifer . . . what's the good word?" Lorenzo asked, flashing her a smile and turning on the charm - at least a little.

Last edited:

Keia said:
"Nahh, I don't remember anything about him," Lorenzo replied. "I think I may have talked to the woman but I don't remember. It wasn't really a life changing event for me, ya know?"

Lorenzo continued his drive to Kyle's uncle's house, internally trying to put the whole experience behind him. Instead, he turned his attention to the beautiful girl in the front seat of his car.

"So, Jennifer . . . what's the good word?" Lorenzo asked, flashing her a smile and turning on the charm - at least a little.
"Damn.. teach me to drool over the pretty women." Kyle mutters as he tries to fix a image of the male agent in his head but fails. "Right, I'm not going to like this at all. I'm betting it'll hurt LOTS to actually THINK this into action."

As they pull into Kyle driveway (eventually.. feel free to continue the talk) Kyle sets his PDA aside with a frown, completely unable to fix the image of the male agent in his head iwth enoguh confidence to actually use it.

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

Unicron818 said:
"Oh, this is such crap!!" Sammy vented to Corey. "Dude, you look pretty bad, are you sure you're alright? You're white as a freakin' ghost! Why do look so scared? If anything you should be mad as all get out, no chicks and even though we ditched school, we still end up getting a stupid scan! Lets just get our ID's out so we can get away from these IDIOTS!!!" Sammy purposly projecting his voice into the direction of the tight knitted crowd. "I've never seen such a large group of 'adults' act like a bunch of whining kids! I seriously need to get to my car and hit the A/C, its hot, its cramped, and above all else its aggravating!!!"

"Wow, you speak!! Sammy laughes in slight relief. "And of course it had to be I told you so."

As Sammy was pulling out his license his fingers slid off the lamination of license; melted thin plastic stuck to his index finger and thumb strained like pulled gum from your mouth in a long vertical bow from his wallet extending over his head reaching to his hand. Sammy's eyes widen.

Corey opens his mouth to reply, but no sound comes out as he stares at the trail of plastic coming off Sammy's hand. For a second he actually forgets about A-M unit that's about to ID him. "....Whoa, what is that gunk and what's it doing in your wallet?"

Unicron818

First Post
Sammy Donaldson

Whoa, what is that gunk and what's it doing in your wallet?"

Sammy had watched as the long bow of plastic bouced and pulled. The smell of hot, burnt melted plastic had wrinkled his nose, had made Sammy's face contort into a disgusted confused look. What followed up his nose and eyes would be the smell of burnt leather. As Sammy had scanned down towards his other hand holding what use to be his brown leather wallet. He glared down and witnessed plastic colors of the insides of his wallet running together like finger paints for kids. The brown leather now a blackened charred form with red ringed "hotspots" along the outline of this fingertips.
In alarm Sammy throw down his wallets stomping on it to exstingush it.

"What the heck was that? Did you just see that?!" Sammy said in a panic.

"Was that one of your magic tricks? If it was there is a time and place for crap like that, this is not it!" Sammy scoldes.

Glancing down again to point at what use to be his wallet, Sammy notices that all the plastic buttons on his buttondown shirt are also melted. The soles of his tennis shoes are slightly misformed and has a tacky touch to the step.

"Corey?" Sammy whispered, barely being able to speak. "I take that back, that was a great trick....."

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

Keia said:

"Boy you've got nerves. What do you chew for breakfast? Razorblades?"

She looks at him amazed that he can just go on after what they just saw without caring a bit. However the feeling doesn't last as she realizes that she feels more or less the same. They will do what they can and of course they will get what they want. No reason to waste a thought worrying about it.

"They good word has grown pretty bad. I mean do you realize you climbed to the top five in the seniors young girls have a crush on list? How tasteless is that."

She tries her best to look shoked but her smile is just too broad.

"Of course that's most likely just becasue you're hanging around with me and my charm's enough to make us both popular but somehow only I have realized that truth yet."

She does her best to fake a sigh.

"Oh it is hard to be the best.
No but honestly I've seen your picture in three wallets allready. Take care or you'll be swarmed soon enough. It seems the Andrew-rush is loosing force. I guess it is because people are realizing that he won't be here forever and no one could mess with Catherine in the time left anyway. I mean let her watch you take one wrong look at her boytoy and your screwed."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds HP 2/2

Jennifer said:
"Boy you've got nerves. What do you chew for breakfast? Razorblades?"

Lorenzo looked suitably startled at the comment, and said, “I really hope not, considering Mama Reynolds made me breakfast . . . I didn’t have any of the breakfast you offered at your house – though it smelled delicious – so I missed the blades in that one and I don’t think I’ve offended my mama that much.” Lorenzo finished with a smile.

Jennifer said:
"The good word has grown pretty bad. I mean do you realize you climbed to the top five in the seniors young girls have a crush on list? How tasteless is that . . . Of course that's most likely just because you're hanging around with me and my charm's enough to make us both popular but somehow only I have realized that truth yet."

“That’s definitely not the news I was looking for,” Lorenzo said. “I like to stay under the shark radar, but I’d happily accept that burden if it meant spending time with such a wonderful and popular person as yourself.”

“Catherine’s a piece of work to be certain. Did you know that she’s been hinting at an engagement after the end of the year. I’m not certain Andrew’s even heard of it, but it might have been his idea, too. I really don’t know because I heard it from Sharon, and she could have gotten it from either group of friends.”

“I want to help . . . I really do,” Lorenzo said, seriously for the moment, “but I don’t see us throwing much weight into that situation to make a difference. I think we need to be more subtle, and that’s where Kyle, my friend, comes in. That, and a plan of some kind. We kinda need to know what all of our assets are to see if we can do anything.”

‘Or at least some idea of whether or not I have any thing that I can bring to the table,’ Lorenzo finished in thought. ‘These thoughts I’ve been getting in my head that aren’t my own – is it something that I can use?’

Radiant

First Post
Jeniffer Allen

Lorenzo said:
Lorenzo looked suitably startled at the comment, and said, “I really hope not, considering Mama Reynolds made me breakfast . . . I didn’t have any of the breakfast you offered at your house – though it smelled delicious – so I missed the blades in that one and I don’t think I’ve offended my mama that much.” Lorenzo finished with a smile.

She pokes him into the side of his arm and laughs.

"You're such a nut. I can't believe I'm risking my life driving in a car with you behind the wheel."

Lorenzo said:
“That’s definitely not the news I was looking for,” Lorenzo said. “I like to stay under the shark radar, but I’d happily accept that burden if it meant spending time with such a wonderful and popular person as yourself.”

“Catherine’s a piece of work to be certain. Did you know that she’s been hinting at an engagement after the end of the year. I’m not certain Andrew’s even heard of it, but it might have been his idea, too. I really don’t know because I heard it from Sharon, and she could have gotten it from either group of friends.”

"Of course you are, who wouldn't?"

Jen blinks innocently while she fakes her best arrogant voice. The act changes to surprise then she hears the next news.

"Engagement? Oh boy that's food for the sharks. But come on from Sharon? You know she believes anything Steff and Mike tell her. And those two are about as informed as a deaf cheesburger. But then she sometimes hangs with Maria and Sally. They could know something."

She spends another minute drawing up possible connections and possibilities.

"I'm so going to dig into this. I'll know tomorow afternoon the latest. This is just incredible. If she manages to get Andrew on a leash before they're out of school her popularity will shoot through the roof. Ok, maybe it will sink again then people realize that it makes the whole scene much more boring but in the meantime..."

Again she muses on possibilities for a while.

"Whatever she gets I'm pretty sure she's going to use any influence she's got to make my life hell as long as she's here."

Without stopping her talk she claps her hands excitedly like a kid.

"This is going to be so much fun!

Lorenzo said:
“I want to help . . . I really do,” Lorenzo said, seriously for the moment, “but I don’t see us throwing much weight into that situation to make a difference. I think we need to be more subtle, and that’s where Kyle, my friend, comes in. That, and a plan of some kind. We kinda need to know what all of our assets are to see if we can do anything.”

Her shoulders drop just an inch as her thoughts go back to the scene before.

"Kyle can could it. Come on, there is no prank he didn't get through with. And that shapechanging thing sounds pretty wyrd but it could work. And maybe it won't creep me out that much if I don't see myself.

She closes her eyes a moment to collect her thoughts, not realizing that Lorenzo might here that even better.
I could tell them but then there's no way the things I can do could help. I don't even know how far my protection goes. Maybe I should try it out with slow steps. It felt really good.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Whitmyer Shopping Village, Accident Scene
Andrew was not sure why he felt so tense as he and Catherine moved closer to the front of the line. All the talk about mutants must have been getting to him. He knew he was great at what he could do but all of his tests came back normal. Every time.

This was it. The moment of truth.
As Andrew and Catherine moved towards the Policemen, the cops stopped and exchanged looks with each other. One of the A-M cops walked over and quickly glanced at the scanner then looked at the couple. "Could I see your I.D.s, please. No big deal. As it turns out I need to ask you a few questions about a case being investigated at your school. Just step over here with me and we should be done in a few minutes." He directed them over to a black van that had pulled up while the search went on.

While Sammy and Corey discussed the appearance of Sammy's I.D. the others in the crowd began to shift away from the two boys. Especially when Sammy started to smoke. His eyes grew wide as he stared at Corey and a very scary thought went through his head. 'What if he was a mutant!'

Corey was starting to panic. this was supposed to be a fun day and now everything was going horrible. Like something out of a nightmare! He had no idea what Sammy had done to his wallet or why he was trying to blame him. But the cops were looking for mutants and Sammy's clothes were starting to smoke and people were looking at them weird. Corey looked around, unsure what to do. That is when he saw Andrew and Catherine at the front of the line. He pointed them out to Sammy just as a couple of cops walked up to the couple and directed them to a black van.

Lorenzo's Car
The group made it to Kyle's Uncle's house without any further incident. The conversation had reverted back to a fairly normal level. With bits of 'mutant' and 'what are we gonna do' thrown in. Kyle was feeling confident and immediately got to work on his Uncle's electronics. While he began to set up the computer for what he needed, Lorenzo and Jen continued to chat while the played with the radio.

Everyone stopped when the Emergency Broadcast cut into all the local programing.
"A series of situations in the area of Smalltown, Ohio has caused the city government to ask all citizens to remain in their homes. Events have occurred that all Emergency Services are dealing with at this time. In an effort to not contribute to these events, all citizens should remain indoors."
Kyle immediately went to the school web page where the same message played over and over again. The school's page also said that classes were cancelled and parents could pick up their children at any time. Children who could not be picked up would remain at the school until it became convenient for families to do so.

Accident Scene At Eleyna's Car
Gabe could hear events going on around him but figured it couldn't be real. It must have been a dream. What was really going on was the picnic he was having with Eleyna near a stream. That had to be it. Eleyna could not be in a shouting match with Police. Stuff like that never happened to them...

Tears streaked Eleyna's face and her head was throbbing, but she had never felt better. She could not recall ever being more focused. The cops coming out of the van looked very frightening in their armor and helmets and guns. She refused to let them take Gabe. She couldn't let that happen.

Eleyna did everything she could to build that feeling inside of her. She could feel it and her hair started to fly about but that was all she could feel. She balled up her fists in anger then tried to brush hair out of her face but it was like she was in a wind tunnel. Or at least her hair was. She wished she had worn that braid she contemplated before school even though she would probably be pulling it out of anger right now.

The Police came closer and Eleyna got even more mad. Gabe stirred but did not speak.

One of the cops, he did not have a helmet and his face looked nice, the kind of face you wanted a cop to have, came forward a few steps. "Miss." He had a nice voice, too. Deep without being forceful. Kind. "Miss, I have no idea what happened here, I just showed up. I do know a lot of people seem to be hurt and I don't want that to happen to anyone else. Your friend looks like he needs some help, why don't we check on him before anything else happens. I am not sure why you are yelling but I do know if you continue to act this way nothing good is going to happen. What do you say." He continued to look her directly in the eyes the entire time. And he may have taken a few more steps closer.

Gabe could hear someone talking. Was it his dad? No, someone he did not know was talking. And where did those lights come from.

Remove ads