DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #1

Radiant said:
Jen slows down a bit, still hoping that she can talk Lorenzo out of it.

"Look, we're probably looking forward to a nice visit to the detainment camps. I don't know if Kyle can really sense mutants but since we're laying open the cards, if he's got one it certainly worked right on me. I just don't know about you. And if you're normal there is no reason to ruin your life."

She lets her shoulders sink and gives him a sad smile.

"Not that there would have been one for me but as I said, Eleyena and Gabe certainly did a great job doing it for me then they drew all that attention."
Kyle sighs and looks over from the table where he is working. "Don't blame them too much okay? I'm sure that wasn't their intention and let me speak from a very embarrasing personal experience point of view.. sometimes those mutant powers don't just come with an owner's manual." He is blushing when he says that. "And what I meant was I don't think I can do this with what I've got on hand. I need a LOT more stuff and support than I can get with two high school students you know?"

Radiant

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Kyle sighs and looks over from the table where he is working. "Don't blame them too much okay? I'm sure that wasn't their intention and let me speak from a very embarrasing personal experience point of view.. sometimes those mutant powers don't just come with an owner's manual." He is blushing when he says that. "And what I meant was I don't think I can do this with what I've got on hand. I need a LOT more stuff and support than I can get with two high school students you know?"

Throwing herself in a seat to calm down Jen looks at worried at Kyle.

"I hate to be the one to break it to you Kyle but we are just two high school students. There's just no more support we have."

She looks around, trying to find a glass and some water just to keep her busy.

"Maybe Lorenzo can claim he's an agent or something but with my age no one would buy it. And we probably light up on those mutant scanners like a christmas tree."

Unicron818

First Post
Sammy Donaldson

His eyes grew wide as he stared at Corey and a very scary thought went through his head. 'What if he was a mutant!'

OK Corey, great trick! Now do that trick where you make us invisible or disappear or somethin'! At least worst case scenerio, would be I'd be a mutant. Sammy laugh to himself. With that thought Sammy froze.
What if he was a mutant? Just humor me. What if ?
Well first off Sammy my boy, this would not be the place for discovery!!

Sammy's clothes were starting to smoke and people were looking at them weird.

Think, think, think, think. Relax Sammy, be cool...think cool thought. Ice, Ice cudes, cold shower.....getting the hell outta here! Damn!...is...is that smoke? Am I smoking ?
Sammy looked at the awed looks on some people who had been just off to his side. "Hey, Hi, how are ya'? ha ha (cough). How about this weather, huh..ha....ha...(deep exhale)...hot enough for you?

COREY, Sammy had yelled in a whispering type of voice, "how about a disappearing trick!!?"

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

Nuke261 said:
Corey was starting to panic. this was supposed to be a fun day and now everything was going horrible. Like something out of a nightmare! He had no idea what Sammy had done to his wallet or why he was trying to blame him. But the cops were looking for mutants and Sammy's clothes were starting to smoke and people were looking at them weird. Corey looked around, unsure what to do. That is when he saw Andrew and Catherine at the front of the line. He pointed them out to Sammy just as a couple of cops walked up to the couple and directed them to a black van.

Upon seeing Andrew and Catherine getting led away, Corey's mind raced.

What's going on? Are they getting arrested for skipping school? I'm going to be arrested, shipped off in a black van, and nobody is ever going to see me again.

He eyes passed over Sammy again, but he barely even heard the questions Sammy was asking him.

It's all your fault. I didn't want to come here, I didn't want to look at the accident, and now you're melting or something. Jerk.

Maybe I should just let them scan me. At least I'd know for certain. If I really am a mutant, maybe I should let them take me away. Where do they take the mutants..? No, I've got to get out of here, there has to be some way out. There's always a way out. But... there's not. I'm trapped. Just like the time with Dennis on the racquetball court...

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

"Unfortunately, I think you might be right."

But, it IS my fault! It's ALL my fault! I told you I would protect you, and now... now look what's happened! She couldn't keep her thoughts from the guilt she was feeling again. She, and now Gabe, they were both going to be arrested, incarcerated. This whole day... nobody's fault but mine.

Her emotions raging, Eleyna felt her knees weaken and she fell into Gabe's arms. They were both exhausted, she knew, and sitting there together, they each seemed to be the only thing holding the other up. She wanted to tell him all she was feeling... tell him how sorry she was she had gotten him into this in the first place, but it would do them no good. Instead, the guilt began to stockpile again inside of her. When she tried to speak, all she could muster was, "I d-don't... I d-don't know what... what are we supposed t-to do n-now?"

"I'd ask you to run, try and get away...but we both know that you won't do that. You...you really are beautiful. I wish I'd been able to say that sooner. And..and while you're here, I'm not afraid."

Her heart fluttered again, amidst the guilt and confusion. She felt herself blushing, which seemed completely ridiculous at that moment. Here they were, two mutants, sitting in a street devasted by their manifesting powers, victims of the world's fear and hatred of the unknown - and she was blushing like a fool. She was scared, realizing that she had forgotten about the approaching A-M officers (do I really even care?), but all of a sudden, she felt as though she could handle it. As long as Gabe was there with her. She looked into his eyes as she spoke. "Thanks. Ummm... thank you, Gabe."

Velmont

First Post
On his way with the policeman, Andrew reflexivly turn the head in direction of the accident and the crowd. He stare a bit at Corey and Sammy.

Corey looks nervous. Is it him the mutant? That could explain why he has skip school... yeah, but us too, and we are not mutant.

He turns back his head and continue to follow the policeman.

Synchronicity

First Post
Gabriel 'Gabe' Adams, HP 2/2

Eleyna said:
When she tried to speak, all she could muster was, "I d-don't... I d-don't know what... what are we supposed t-to do n-now?"

Gabe gently stroked Eleyna's hair, the motion serving a dual purpose; trying to calm the girl, and soothing his own battered nerves. His response was a quiet sigh.

"I...just don't know. I don't even know if I can access my abilities in this state..and if we try anything now, people might really get hurt."

Gabe's voice said, 'people', but his eyes said 'you' as he gazed at Eleyna.

Eleyna said:
She looked into his eyes as she spoke. "Thanks. Ummm... thank you, Gabe."

Gabe's face visibly brightened at her words, but then settled into an expression of guilt.

"I wish I deserved it. If I hadn't dragged you into this, you'd be safe now. And if I knew how to use my abilities, maybe I could have gotten us out if this. I...I don't think I have anything left. I'm sorry, Eleyna. I failed you."

Gabe's voice was tired and defeated, heavy with guilt. He held Eleyna tighter and looked away, the sense of his failure settling in his stomach like a lead weight.

"But..even knowing that...I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here, and I don't want to be separated from you. Isn't that selfish of me?"

Gabe looked back, coming face to face with Eleyna again. His eyes were tired and guilty, but they couldn't help but soften as he looked at Eleyna, obviously drawing strength from her presence. Gabe's gaze traced Eleyna's face, looking at her hair, her eyes, her..lips.. At the last, Gabe swallowed hard, looking down and breaking eye contact.

'Gabe, this isn't the time to be thinking how good Eleyna looks. *Really* not the time. God, man, can't you focus on something other than her for just one second? What's wrong with you?'

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds HP 2/2

Jen said:
"Look, we're probably looking forward to a nice visit to the detainment camps. I don't know if Kyle can really sense mutants but since we're laying open the cards, if he's got one it certainly worked right on me. I just don't know about you. And if you're normal there is no reason to ruin your life."

"I don't know about me either, and that's the problem," Lorenzo said. "But even if I'm just a plain ol' normal, I would help out. And your secret, both your secrets, are safe with me."

"So, Kyle, can your power scanner thingie tell me what powers I got, if any?"
Lorenzo asked.

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

"But..even knowing that...I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here, and I don't want to be separated from you. Isn't that selfish of me?"

As he spoke to her about his guilt, Eleyna could not help but drop her head. Fresh tears (where did they keep coming from?) welled in her eyes. She could not believe that he felt guilty for something she had taken responsibility for. It had been her idea to skip school, to escape from the gen-scan. Everything that had happened today - the blown tires on the truck, the explosion in the parking lot of the CD store, the devastation around them - it was all her fault. My idea. My powers. My fault. How could he possibly think... Looking up at him again, all she could manage between light sobs was, "No... no, it's my... no..."

Then, as he spoke again, a warmth grew inside of her. They were both in an incredible amount of danger, and yet they both felt exactly the same. Eleyna couldn't help but smile... She longed that things could've been different. That she and Gabe could have discovered eachother long before this had happened. But, despite her wishes, she was still glad that she didn't have to be here... waiting in fear... alone. Gabe was with her. "Gabe, I... I feel... that's how I feel, too... I mean, god, I'm just... I'm so scared right now, but... but, I... I'm so, so happy that you're here with me. I meant what I said before. About... about not wanting to... lose you."

Attachments

• Pressure 09.jpg
    Pressure 09.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Keia said:
"I don't know about me either, and that's the problem," Lorenzo said. "But even if I'm just a plain ol' normal, I would help out. And your secret, both your secrets, are safe with me."

"So, Kyle, can your power scanner thingie tell me what powers I got, if any?"
Lorenzo asked.

Jen slams her hand on the table and smashes the glass she just found right after it, most likely assuring that both her hands are spiked with shards. Of course her sense of style doesn't allow her to do it simple and the movement is acmpanied by a dramatic coat flappong spin before she hits the table.
Then she lifts her hand again it is covered in the shards and some fall of from the one in which she held the glass but there is no blood to be seen anythere.
Her show of moment is broken a bit by her very reliefed expression then she realizes that she really hasn't hurt herself.

"Sorry for the glass Kyle but I wanted to be sure it's still there. The first time was then I was helping my mom in the kitchen and cut myself. Nothing happened then either. I just don't know how much damage this mutant power thing can take. And I don't want to try it out by pointing a gun at me. Not that a gun seems like such a bad idea then I think of AM cops and Sentinels. I feel like I'm caught in some old movie, this stuff just can't be happening."

Remove ads