• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #3

Kyle Graham hp 2/2

Kyle looks around at the ruin and wreckage. "Uh.. not to sound like the invertabrate geek that I am.. but it would be REALLY helpful to look in one of those sentinels for some of their sensor packages." He looks to Sentinel wreckage. "Though... honestly I would more like to know what the hell wrecked them and is it coming back.. cause.. if so.. I'm thinking Elsewhere would be a nice place to be visiting them."

Gideon

First Post
Gabe just waited in the back firmly clutching Eleyna's hand. He was working on being ready. He was working on being ready to die.

It was taking longer than he wanted.

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

Gabe's hand closed tightly around hers as the slowed to a stop. Turning in his direction, she smiled at him, as though silently saying, It's okay, Gabe. It'll be alright.

As they filed out of the cars, Eleyna saw the scene spread out before them. As it turned out, there was not one, but what seemed like parts to dozens of sentinels. But, the strangest thing was the people who were syphoning energy from the remains. She moved forward, finding that she was not so afraid knowing that Gabe was close. Glancing to the others, she asked, "What do you guys wanna do? I think we should try to talk to 'em?"

Velmont

First Post
"I agree. I don't know what await us, but I have the feeling it won't jump at our throat. Onl normal people living normal life do it, scared of mutant." Andrew says, his mind going back to Catherine for a moment. "That's obviously not the case."

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

KaintheSeeker said:
Kyle looks around at the ruin and wreckage. "Uh.. not to sound like the invertabrate geek that I am.. but it would be REALLY helpful to look in one of those sentinels for some of their sensor packages." He looks to Sentinel wreckage. "Though... honestly I would more like to know what the hell wrecked them and is it coming back.. cause.. if so.. I'm thinking Elsewhere would be a nice place to be visiting them."

"Oh but you are the cutest geek of them all, how could I ever say no."
She nudges Kyle in the rubs and suddenly hits the breaks hard, causing the car to spin and stopping with screeching tires.
"Here you go folks another smooth trip on the Allen ride, hope you kept your lunch."
After one last look outside she throw open the door and steps out, doing her best to make it look as dramatic and self assured as she can. It work but Kyle could see her smile before had just a hint of fear in it.
Coat blowing the wind she waves to Kyle.
"Coming? Our two lovebirds can stay and cuddle unless you feel like getting some adrenaline."

Kyle Graham hp 2/2

Kyle pulls himself out of the dash and staggers out of the car before following Jenn. As soon as they are out of earshot of the others he whispers to her.

"Look Jenn, if you don't think this is safe, you don't.. you know have to put this on for me." he looks at her, concern in his eye. "I appreciate the joking an all, but if you're still shook up from the thing at the gas station we can wait."

Kyle looks ahead to see which bit looks most intact as he waits for her to respond, speaking again quietly enough to be heard by her only. "And I understand if you're still a bit unconfortable around me."

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

KaintheSeeker said:
Kyle pulls himself out of the dash and staggers out of the car before following Jenn. As soon as they are out of earshot of the others he whispers to her.

"Look Jenn, if you don't think this is safe, you don't.. you know have to put this on for me." he looks at her, concern in his eye. "I appreciate the joking an all, but if you're still shook up from the thing at the gas station we can wait."

Kyle looks ahead to see which bit looks most intact as he waits for her to respond, speaking again quietly enough to be heard by her only. "And I understand if you're still a bit unconfortable around me."

Jenn tries to stay slightly in front of Kyle to cover him. She might be invulnerable, or at least she hopes so right now. At the very least she knows she's tougher than Kyle.
"Look, I have no idea what all this stuff could be good for or if it is the right thing. But I know I got a killer instinct about picking my friends and I know you are so kick-a ss smart it was allways hard for you not to laugh our teachers right in the face. So if you say you want one of those things we'll get you one. It's that simple."
She motions back to the car with Gabe and Eleyna in it.
"See those too, to me they look like a nervous breakdown. I promise I'll let my feelings catch up and feel uncomfortable or something as soon as we're over the border but right now you, me and Zo gota rock the world like we usually do cause no one else is going to save us."
She slows down as she strides into the shadow of a sentinels head, starring at the giant killing machine.
"I'm used to win against the odds Kyle but I can't beat something like that. Not ever. I'm out of my league here. So if you don't hide us, we're all toast. "

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds HPs: 2/2

Looking in his rear view mirror, Lorenzo noticed Jenn stopping . . . or doing whatever she did. "Nothing like drawing attention to yourselves," Lorenzo muttered as he slowed and turned around to meet up with the others.

"I'm betting my buddy Kyle couldn't resist getting into a couple of pieces of whatever is out there," Lorenzo said, grinning at the thought.

Kyle Graham hp 2/2

"Fair enough Jenn." Kyle says as he puts a reassuring hand on her shoulder and grins. "And if you need someone to just sit there and listen, I know I'll listen. Just don't push all that fear aside, we need a little to keep us from being reckless and stupid.." his smile vanishes as he finishes the statement. "like at the Gas Station. It's a scarey balance beteween bravery and reckless. We can't afford that anymore than we can afford totally scared."

He looks at the head. "Think it's an Alpha.. not sure what interation, have to find the access panel to get in and look. I will say this, ability to adapt and change to better meet their foes, aside.. the sentinel's have one power on the old heroes. It wasn't the tech that let them win, it was their ability to work towards a common goal. They got us with that focus." he sighs as he looks the ruined sentinel over. If he could find the right parts he could build a 'blanket shield' over one or both of the vehicles, possibly 2 of them so they could slip by undetected all the way to Canada.

OOC: Looking for anything that might help him come up with his 'detector spoofer'

Gideon

First Post
Gabe

Gabe sat and watched in horror as the car came to a stop and Jenn and Kyle got out.

What the hell are they doing? Are they trying to get us killed?

Gabe looked over at Eleyna for support.

"Why are we stopped?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads