DC Gameday IV - March 14th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC Gameday IV will be on March 14th, 2009. Visit the gameday forum and subscribe to the master thread for details and continuous updates, or go to www.dcgameday.com

ATTENTION: There has been a venue change. Due to the another screwup on the part of my apartment building, we recently found out they'd double booked the weekend of the gameday and we were out of luck. We have, courtesy of Lyonesse, found a replacement.

The new venue is the 9th floor of the AFT building, at the corner of New Jersey Ave and F St NW. It's two blocks or so from the Union Station stop on Metro's Red Line. There's plenty of places nearby to eat, there's a small kitchen, bathrooms, plenty of tables and chairs, etc. There is *no* parking in the building's garage; however, there is a parking garage at Union Station, and you can always take your chances with street parking. Not ideal, but we'll just have to deal with it.

Look for further details in the next few days.

The facilities are excellent, but it is a secure building, so I need to compile a list of attendees to leave with the security guards at the front desk. If you plan on attending, or even think you might attend, please email me at jckline at gmail dot com with your (real) name and the names of anyone who may be coming with you that don't post here

Directions from Union Station.

• Venue change: The new location is the 9th floor of the AFT building at the corner of New Jersey Ave and F St. NW. See above for details.
  • Prospective GMs will be allowed to start posting games on the 1st of February.
  • Player signups will start on the 14th of February.
  • There will be a morning (10-2:30) and afternoon (3:30-8) session, followed by freeform screwing around and pizza or somesuch. Rel pointed out to me that it is also Steak and Blowjob day, so I asssume that means he's offering one or both.

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
I'm thinking about running the Battlestar Galactica boardgame (instead of an RPG) in the evening slot. 6 players. Any interest?

Cassander

First Post
Speaking just for myself, I'd generally prefer RPGs to a boardgames, especially on gamedays, but there are probably some who would be up for it.

I've lately been scratching out some ideas for a character-driven fantasy game in modified True20 inspired by Final Fantasy. Kind of a slightly lower-tech, lower-magic remix but still with a chocobo knight, a dragoon, and a girl with mysterious powers... that sort of thing. Any interest in that?

Cool. I was thinking about running an old school style game, maybe Labyrinth Lord or Swords & Wizardry with a few tweaks. Once I get the scenario finished, then I can pick a ruleset. Off to the drawing board:lol:

The_Universe

First Post
I'll almost certainly be running either Mutants and Masterminds or Hollow Earth Expedition.

For M&M it's "The Culper Ring III: The Battle of New Orleans."

If I run HEX, it'll be a Civil War themed game, "Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads