'DC Universe All Star Games' Is A New RPG Show Featuring Freddie Prinze Jr and Sam Witwer

DC Universe All Star Games is a new show coming from DC Universe on February 28th which features celebrity gamers playing the 80s DC Heroes RPG. The Breakfast League is the first 5-part adventure and features superpowered teenagers in a Gotham City high school.

DC Universe All Star Games is a new show coming from DC Universe on February 28th which features celebrity gamers playing the 80s DC Heroes RPG. The Breakfast League is the first 5-part adventure and features superpowered teenagers in a Gotham City high school.

The first five-part adventure is described as follows: "Set in the same '80s era as when the game was first published, the five participants role-play as a group of high schoolers stuck in Saturday detention. As they improv their way through a variety of situations familiar to fans of beloved movies from that time period, they soon discover their destinies as the world’s greatest super-heroes."

The celebrities are:
  • Freddie Prinze Jr.
  • Sam Witwer
  • Vanessa Marshall
  • Clare Grant
  • Xavier Woods

D6D276C8-EAC7-4D75-9B1C-B7D64D338166.png

Here's the full press release:

DC UNIVERSE Announces Original Unscripted Gaming Mini-Series 'DC UNIVERSE All Star Games'

Clare Grant, Vanessa Marshall, Sam Witwer and WWE’s Xavier Woods Join Freddie Prinze Jr. For Five-Part Role-Playing Game Adventure Set in The Classic 1980s Game DC HEROES

DC UNIVERSE has announced its first original unscripted gaming mini-series, DC UNIVERSE All Star Games. This new anthology series brings famous DC fans together to play a variety of games in the increasingly popular gaming show genre. Season One features a nostalgic role-playing adventure, The Breakfast League, from Executive Producers Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Sam Witwer. The first episode of the five-part series will premiere exclusively on the DC UNIVERSE digital subscription service on Friday, February 28.

DC HEROES, the famous post-crisis role-playing game, sets the stage for the first season in which Vanessa Marshall, Clare Grant and WWE superstar Xavier Woods also join as players. Set in the same 80s era as when the game was first published, the five participants role-play as a group of high schoolers stuck in Saturday detention. As they improv their way through a variety of situations familiar to fans of beloved movies from that time period, they soon discover their destinies as the world’s greatest super-heroes.

“DC Heroes was the first RPG I ever played as a kid. It was also my introduction to the DC Universe, its Heroes and, most importantly, its rich pool of villains.” said Prinze. “ I had a blast making this series and I hope all of you love it as much as I do.”

Directed by Jon Lee Brody and produced by Telepictures, “DC UNIVERSE All Star Games” is the first unscripted addition to DC UNIVERSE’s expanding original programming slate which includes “DCYou Unscripted” and “DC Daily.” New episodes will go live exclusively on DC UNIVERSE every Friday after the series premiere on February 28.

mayfair85_boxset.jpg

I played DC Heroes in the 80s, and again about a decade ago. It features an attribute scale which doubles with each score (so Strength 4 is twice as strong as Strength 3, and Strength 5 is twice as strong as Strength 4) which makes it possible to have Superman and Batman in the same game.

Sketchpad

Explorer
Glad to remind, Ethan. Morrus, I'm not sure what the status of DCU shows are in the UK. I know they were premiering on Netflix in Canada, but it doesn't seem to be catering to this show.

Do you think this is a test for a future new DC TTRPG?

Some days ago I though about a DC/Marvel (alternate) universe where superheroes are nerfed. Not only to can play a TTRPG but other genres like the videogames (in adition to "Injustice: Gods among us") or miniatures boardgames.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do you think this is a test for a future new DC TTRPG?

Some days ago I though about a DC/Marvel (alternate) universe where superheroes are nerfed. Not only to can play a TTRPG but other genres like the videogames (in adition to "Injustice: Gods among us") or miniatures boardgames.
I expect Hasbro is going to buy DC and made a d20 Modern version of it. ;)

Nobody is going to buy DC's IPs. But new crossovers are possible. I would like a d20 Marvel-DC: Secret Crisis, with a patchwork universe where all (fictional) places (cities and countries) were present. Something like a mixture of the pulp age version of Teath (7th Sea world), DC's Telos/Blood Moon and the Battleword from the last Secret War event. Yes, I know it sounds like a really crazy idea but to be creative you need a open mind.

This world would give more freedom to Game Masters to create stories where metahumans changes the timeline, for example Superman: Red Son rejects Keynesianism about economic when he studied economic Austrian school after a visit by Booster Gold, or there is a coup d'etat in Egypt by Black Adam, or a secret lodge of vampires are trying to control Europe. Or fey lords created many superheroes and villains, and with theses new stories of hope and horror to "gather" glamour, a special energy from dreams and passions by the mankind. Then Green Arrow could defeat Kryptonian general Zod with only his arrows. How? Green Arrow as superheroe with a costume is an "icon/totem", and then their weapons are attuned with fey magic, but nobody knows it. But with a civilian suit these weapons wouldn't work not enough "magic/glamorous". Harley Queen's hyena pets could hurt Wonder Woman because they are working like living totemic "magic weapons", blessed by the glamour powers of the fey lords. They would be like the Enchanted/glamour infused from Changeling: the Dreaming.Here you are the reason those crazy people with costumes could defeat metahumans because they are using "fey magic" without noticing, like a feytouched version of the nanotech pill 5U93R from "Injustice". Even the ordinary mortals from that world could survive more easilty injuries by bullets than in our real life.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads